_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Weathering vehicle interiors
jwest21
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 03:25 AM UTC
Does anyone know of a good website to check out techniques for weathering the insides of vehicles? I am never pleased with my work on this and figured it's time to learn what others do. Thanks!
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 08:46 AM UTC
Im not sure of any websites but two books/magazines worth checking out are The Weathering Magazine's issue on interiors and The Encyclopedia of Armor Modeling Techniques volume on interiors. If you look around you can find a .pdf version of the magazine issue.

Hope this helps.
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 12:55 PM UTC
Thanks, I will look for that
errains
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 362 posts
Armorama: 350 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:14 PM UTC
The absolute best source for all things weathering and finishing techniques is Rinaldi Studio and his excellent Tank Art books. Mr. Rinaldi is not connected in any way to any “weathering” product manufactures therefore his books are truly instructionally driven. So check out his Facebook link above and be prepare to have your painting/weathering/finishing skills taken to the next level. Good Luck!
jwest21
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The absolute best source for all things weathering and finishing techniques is Rinaldi Studio and his excellent Tank Art books. Mr. Rinaldi is not connected in any way to any “weathering” product manufactures therefore his books are truly instructionally driven. So check out his Facebook link above and be prepare to have your painting/weathering/finishing skills taken to the next level. Good Luck!

thanks!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 11:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The absolute best source for all things weathering and finishing techniques is Rinaldi Studio and his excellent Tank Art books.

At least the first volume has nothing on interiors other than 2 pages for a 1/48 Sd.Kfz. 251/22 which, in my opinion, give very little help. May be subsequent volumes are better in this sense.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 01, 2018 - 11:29 AM UTC
I have tankart 1,2 and 4 that for me are fantastic books I love them, but on the interior there is very little unfortunately,although it's easy to take the techniques used for the exteriors and "translate" them for the interiors,if Rinaldi do an edition only on the interior I think it would be a great success.

in the Vol.4 there's the Grille and the Nashorn with the interiors,in the Vol.2 anything...

P.S.:....Mike!!....we need some more interiors!!...and a new Tankart Volume on WWI!!!!!!....pleeeeeeese...
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2018 - 02:26 PM UTC
Mig's Encyclopedia of Armor Vol. 2 is about interiors. I have it and can recommend it for a reference book.
 _GOTOTOP