_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Trumpeter Merkava Tracks
flippen_waffles
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 03:47 AM UTC
Anyone have any experience with Trumpeter's individual Merkava tracks (02052)? Im building Meng's Merkava 3d LIC and the tracks in the kit need more clean up than I care for and I do not want to spend the money for metal tracks.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyone have any experience with Trumpeter's individual Merkava tracks (02052)? Im building Meng's Merkava 3d LIC and the tracks in the kit need more clean up than I care for and I do not want to spend the money for metal tracks.

You might have a problem with the track pitch, since they are designed for the HobbyBoss kit, whose sprockets have slightly different pitch than the Meng ones. I have not tested them myself so I am not 100% positive that they do not fit.

The best tracks for the Meng 3D are Masteclub tracks no #35205 if you decide to go for metal ones.
Precious_rob
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2018 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You might have a problem with the track pitch, since they are designed for the HobbyBoss kit, whose sprockets have slightly different pitch than the Meng ones. I have not tested them myself so I am not 100% positive that they do not fit.

The best tracks for the Meng 3D are Masteclub tracks no #35205 if you decide to go for metal ones.

The Trumpeter set definitely does not fit the Meng sprockets correctly, they're a touch too wide to get the correct pitch after two or three guide teeth
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 06:10 AM UTC
What about the Wolfpack ones, normal and Batash? I have a couple of sets but have not tried to use them on anything yet. Intended for Centurion-based APCs.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 - 06:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What about the Wolfpack ones, normal and Batash? I have a couple of sets but have not tried to use them on anything yet. Intended for Centurion-based APCs.

Batash tracks can be used on Magach 6B Gal Batash, Merkava 2 and Achzarit late. Their other style tracks on Magach 6R, 6M, 6B Gal, 7A and 7C, Merkava 1 and Merkava 2.

Perhaps you mean M60 based vehicles and not Centurion based vehicles?
 _GOTOTOP