Hosted by Darren Baker
Large Scale Armory
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:10 AM UTC
Has any one heard from Large Scale Armory lately .
The last post I can find is from Nov 19,2016. The E Mail address I have isn't working for me.
I f any one has any information would like to hear from you.

Thanks Dave M
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 09:24 PM UTC
Hi Dave,

Yep, I'm still here though I only stop by from time to time. LSA still exists and will reopen in the near future once we get all the new designs into production. We added way, WAY too many items to our product lines than our production capability could handle so we shut down late last year to sort it all out.

Good news is when reopening we'll have remastered and remolded nearly everything and finally added some of the really big kits people have been wanting. We're even about to start dropping our full kits onto the market once we relaunch.

Anyone should feel free to contact me by PM and I'll send you the latest Kit List.

thanks,
Jim
LSA
ropeynz
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 10:20 PM UTC
How about some photos Jim? 'Teasers'.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 11:30 PM UTC

I'll see what I can grab out of the bins. Please bear with me as I figure out the whole posting photos thing. I don't have any fancy promo photos yet but if you're okay with some bench shots then I can come up with something this weekend.

No cleanup or anything, just out of the mold bench shots would be about the most I have time for at the moment. Don't want to give away ALL my secrets but a few wouldn't hurt at this point. Besides, you won't believe some of the modern arms we've got now. Oh, and 4 completely new mannequins that are nearly done.

What's the best web photo hosting site these days?

Jim
LSA
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 08:41 AM UTC
Testing to see if I remember how to post images. Hope this works! [img]http:///img]

Okay! So my new "hosting" site works fine so this weekend I'll try to post some teasers.

Jim
LSA
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 09:07 AM UTC
Here are some images of 3D designed pieces that LSA will be offering. Yes, all of these are past the drawing board and actually being cast already. I selected these to give you an idea of where LSA has been headed while temporarily shut down. Look closely and you can see some "reveals" of what will be in the product line once we reopen.

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

Jim
LSA
Removed by original poster on 07/14/18 - 22:00:44 (GMT).
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:08 AM UTC
Again, all the following images are of 3D designed pieces that have already made it out of the molds and into production. I have been very, very fortunate to work with some really great 3D designers. One of which is none other than the great Peter Samofalov.

Peter was instrumental in helping me achieve a new direction for LSA by showing me what is possible with 3D design. His incredible designs and kind nature helped move LSA into a completely different path. In the future, if you love where LSA is going then a great deal of credit should go to him. Thank you Peter!

Since then I have had the pleasure of working with some of the greatest 3D designers around. These names will become better known as I want to credit them for their designs when LSA releases kits featuring their work. FYI, as amazing as the following designs are, the ones that are coming soon will drive you nuts!

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

Quite literally, the best is yet to come. But please don't mistake these items for being the only new things at LSA. These images are of but a small fraction of the new designs that we are producing. There is much, MUCH more to LSA now than these few images show. How's that for a "teaser"?

Jim
LSA
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 01:17 PM UTC
I've been fortunate enough to receive many of the items shown above in 1/24 scale. I was very pleased two years ago with the quality. If this has been remastered then we're really in for a treat.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 06:51 PM UTC
Thanks for your kind comments, they are really appreciated. Here are some other items of interest that have made the leap from 3D design and have already started being cast.

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

Please note that the image of the figure mannequin is a preliminary drawing. The finalized version is fully articulated with a couple of unique features that will make it very useful. And yes, they'll come with heads, hands, weapons and gear all separate. Once they are on the market I'll reveal how their unusual designs will make creating figures (even in more extreme poses) much easier.

The purpose of these mannequins is to allow the modeler to get highly detailed figures posed in the positions they need while needing a minimum of sculpting. Yes, you'll have to do a bit of work filling in a few gaps and seams. I think that it's a small price to pay for finally getting a VERY highly detailed example of soldier "X" in that pose you need.

Currently there are four versions of this mannequin. One each of US Army, German Panzer Corp., German Infantry and one Generic modern civilian. Again, the heads, hands, helmets, gear and weapons are all separate items for maximum versatility.

Jim
LSA
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 01:49 PM UTC
Nice stuff. Hope you can stay on schedule. Look foreword to getting my hands on some of those goodies .
Now to start bugging Hasegwa to bring back their 1/24 scale Jeep and to prod some others to release something in 1/24 scale. A M-151,M-37, A HUMMER would really be nice.
Thanks for going the 1/24 scale route on the after market scene it was needed.
Dave M
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 02:21 PM UTC
Jim, Nice line up of products. Even a store front.

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2018 - 10:55 PM UTC

Multiple store fronts actually. Since so very little is available for 1/24 scale dioramas I thought I should offer some of those as well to get things started. Having all these weapons sets, conversions, gear, supplies and etc. wouldn't be much good if you couldn't build much of a diorama to go with them.

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

Hopefully I'm on the right track and people will be interested in building in this scale. With a bit of luck it'll take off and some of the other really talented AM companies will join in.

Jim
LSA

ropeynz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 08:53 AM UTC
Help! Why do all the pictures just show an icon?
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 07:05 PM UTC
Nice products, great to.see You again.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 03:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been fortunate enough to receive many of the items shown above in 1/24 scale. I was very pleased two years ago with the quality. If this has been remastered then we're really in for a treat.

I too bought some of LSA's 1/24 guns years back. You can see them in my Photo Gallery album.

He also made 1/24 rifle scopes, not shown in the photos.

https://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/29398

They scale pretty well, not to mention at the time they were "The only game in town."

Caveat: Nutsplanet and ICM sells 1/24 guns now, but you would have to buy the whole figure kit.
ropeynz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 06:41 AM UTC
I've used them too, though haven't yet finished the dio! I did a review on Armorama back then. As Jim said he has redone many of the items so I haven't seen the latest versions.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hi Piterpanzer, glad to hear from you. Thanks for the encouraging comments from everyone, they are really appreciated. As far as the new pieces and the remastered ones are concerned I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the new detail.

Some of my old school renderings made the cut and will remain forever as part of the LSA line. Many, however, did not measure up to the new, much higher levels of detail that 3D design offers and were replaced. For example ALL of the guns that Trisaw has in his gallery have been replaced with much higer detail versions. This purging and "out with the old, in with the new" created a domino effect throughout the entire production line. It showed areas that we needed to expand greatly, others to replace partially and some to eliminate altogether.

So I just wanted to thank everyone for their patience while we've gotten LSA's product line and production capacities completely overhauled. It's taken quite some time and a whole lot of work but I'm very confident that most everyone will be amazed at the results. When we relaunch we'll be showing off many, many new items and a number of full kits. (Note: LSA is my side business, I still work 50 plus hours a week at my real job so it's taken a bit longer to accomplish all this).

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

thanks,
Jim
LSA
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2018 - 09:07 AM UTC
After discussing the matter with him and asking his permission I can reveal that the images of the wheels in the previous posts were the design works of Gerry Mos at Mossie 3D CAD Design Studio. While Gerry is exceptionally gifted at creating accurate wheels I've found that his talents for 3D design of almost entire kits to be of the highest order.

Many of the whole vehicle/artillery kits that LSA is creating are centered around Gerry's incredible designs. I'm fortunate enough to have worked with Gerry on a number of designs which will be seeing the light of day once we relaunch. I will reveal the 3D artists behind many of the other designs once we get their respective pieces into production.

Here's a couple more of Gerry's incredible designs. Can you guess what they are? Yeah, I know, these are easy!

/image.file" BORDER="0">

/image.file" BORDER="0">

Okay, maybe that last one is a bit more challenging but you can clearly see what great designs Gerry is capable of creating. I'm really looking forward to getting these and many more of his designs sorted out and cast. Hopefully you can see how much of a challenge getting the new LSA up and running has been.

Thanks
Jim
LSA
ropeynz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 08:09 AM UTC
Hi Jim

Any progress to report? Anything in resin yet? (Pics?)

LSArmory
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 - 06:19 PM UTC
Sorry for the late reply but things have been insanely busy at LSA. You'll notice that I've added a new "official" LSA account and will be taking all messages at this new address from now on.

So is anything new in resin at LSA? Yes, lots and lots to be exact. While we are currently remolding huge quantities of our existing pieces with the newer formula silicones and numbering system, we have also taken delivery of several new models.

These new model prototypes are a bit of a departure for LSA in that they focus more on complete kits rather than conversions and accessory kits. While they are very exciting these new kits will take awhile to get into the production stream as we are currently working on all remolding all the previous sets.

I will say for now that LSA will be bringing several kits to market in 2020 that you will not believe are available in 1/24 scale. The new complete kits will work together to allow an ever growing range of building and diorama possibilities.

The subjects have been chosen carefully to make the greatest use of existing 1/24 scale models and current LSA offerings. They will include not only excellent WWII ground pounder subjects but also quite an extensive selection for the fans of 1/24 scale wingy things as well.

This has taken so much time and effort but we are finally at the stage where things are beginning to get easier rather than harder. So thank you to everyone for their amazing patience as we've undergone such a huge transformation at LSA. I am certain that once things get rolling everybody will see that it was well worth the wait.

thanks,
Jim
LSA
LSArmory
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2019 - 11:41 PM UTC
Okay, found a couple of photos that show a bit of what LSA has been up to lately. These will give you a good idea of the quality of prints and incredible subjects that we're slowly incorporating into our product line.

As I've said before, I am so very, very lucky to be able to work with some of the most amazing artists who create these wonderful designs. Each and every one of them is talented beyond words. So when you see me post images like these, please know that it is the 3D artists I work with who make these things possible.

As for myself, it takes time to refine the pieces, test fit, correct, reprint, resurface and mount each and every part. This is true from everything from a simple weapons set to the more complicated elements like you see here. All this takes time. Lots and lots of time.

But we're getting there in rapid strides these days so it will be worth all those late nights (I hope). Now lets see if I remember how to post photos.

" BORDER="0">
" BORDER="0">

Jim
LSA
ropeynz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 12:46 AM UTC
Well, those look pretty good for teasers...
 _GOTOTOP