_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Stowage inside Stryker
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 - 10:14 PM UTC
What can you put as stowage inside a Stryker ? Or do they carry most of it outside of the viechle ? Weapons like At4 ? Bags ? Where do they put all ammo boxes and so on ? I have the black dog interior for stryker and would like to add some stowage if they use to have that inside.. Thankful for all help
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:45 AM UTC
Don’t know about inside, that’s my dilemma with my Stryker mortar vehicle, no pics of what goes on what rack. But if you go to Prime Portal and check out his walk arounds, you’ll see the actual stenciling saying what goes where on the outside. All those weird looking racks are for ammo, MRE boxes and packs. All very clearly marked.
U-mark
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 11:56 AM UTC
I imagine most of the gear goes outside with some stored inside. There are plenty of images of all the Stryker variants at PrimePortal.net, but all the sets that have interior shots show clean interiors. From some of the photos I've seen, there doesn't appear to be a great deal of room inside for a lot of kit when the vehicle is fully manned. One thing I might mention, that might add a touch of realism is something a co-worker who served a couple tours in Afghanistan told me. He was looking at my Meng Cougar 6x6 and joked that the interior was too clean. He said when they were out working the interior of their trucks would start filling up with bottles, bags, wrappers, and other junk. I plan on doing some of that with my next interior kit. Good Luck
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 01:12 PM UTC
Whichever load plan you go with, be aware of hat nearly everything - ammo cans, MRE boxes, weapons, packs... must be secured. Weapons generally have clips to secure them. Everything else get lashed down with cargo straps or is tied down in some fashion. An IED strike can turn everythincg inside into a deadly missile.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 05:51 PM UTC
wings and Wheels Publications Stryker books are still the best source for everything Straker.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 11:04 PM UTC
Thanks for the answers Guys so it looks like they are quite clean inside with stowage.. Just put some small things inside.. Thanks for the tips Mark about what small things that add little realism.. Our vechles in Sweden was not so clean inside during Kosovo and bosnia missions..
Robert , thanks will think of that over the stowage..
James , thanks.. Will check it.
Hans-Hermann, thanks already have that book but the interior photos dont show so many stowage inside.. So maybe they have most outside instead..

Thanks again
If anyone else know, please let me know.. Have a fine summer build..
 _GOTOTOP