_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
WIP Hobby Boss Fast Attack Vehicle
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 09:57 AM UTC
Writing is not one of my best things to do, I tend to get serious writers block. So while I've been trying to finish 2 the writing portion of the Panda Hobby MaxxPro DASH and RFM Panther G,to help get back on track, I try and knock out little quick builds. One of those quick build is the new Hobby Boss FAV(Fast Attack Vehicle.)

I am doing this one as a Special Forces vehicle during or at the beginning of Desert Storm.

I added the missing batteries and using internet photos, the missing engine wires and cables.

The figures from the first Hobby Fan FAV kit fit with a little bit of sanding and cutting.

Almost done! Added radio, 5 gal water jugs and more to come:

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 01:17 PM UTC
Looking good Pete. I don't think this buggy is really a US FAV at all though. It doesn't look really like anything the US actually used. It is close to what the 7ID tested in the early '80s, but not really.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 03:14 PM UTC
Yea, the 7th ID pictures is what I found most of and got the square beams on the top. That's where the mounted a .50 on. I should have said a fictional Desert Storm FAV instead.
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 10:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Writing is not one of my best things to do, I tend to get serious writers block. So while I've been trying to finish 2 the writing portion of the Panda Hobby MaxxPro DASH and RFM Panther G,to help get back on track, I try and knock out little quick builds. One of those quick build is the new Hobby Boss FAV(Fast Attack Vehicle.)

I am doing this one as a Special Forces vehicle during or at the beginning of Desert Storm.

I added the missing batteries and using internet photos, the missing engine wires and cables.

The figures from the first Hobby Fan FAV kit fit with a little bit of sanding and cutting.

Almost done! Added radio, 5 gal water jugs and more to come:

when was it released and who has the kit for sale?
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It is close to what the 7ID tested in the early '80s, but not really.

Gino, I think it was only the 9th ID that had the FAV's. It was a running joke at Ft. Lewis that HTTB didn't really stand for High Technology Test Bed but Here, Try This BullS***; they used to threaten newbies at RIP over on North Fort with getting sent to The Toys 'R' Us Division because 9th ID got to test all the new stuff.
 _GOTOTOP