_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Luckymodel Stock Inventory Counter
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 04:41 PM UTC
Has anyone experienced issues with Luckymodel's stock level when placing an order?

I am now on problem number three. I went online to order the new SturmTiger by RFM. The system showed 1 left in stock. I completed my order and check the stock level again and it still showed 1 in stock. I waited a couple of hours and checked again to find it showing 0 (zero).

It turns out that I am now waiting on more of the kits to come in. Is it a mistake to trust the inventory indicator? Spruebrothers states that their inventory counter is 100% accurate.

Prior to this, I had preordered the Takom Panther kit. It turns out LM was unable to fulfill the orders at all.

Prior to that I had an experience with Alpine figures showing up as being in stock when in fact they were not.

Before these events I had only positive things to say about Luckymodel. This is getting very frustrating. I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 04:54 PM UTC
you are not alone....

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/122059&ord=&page=1
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 08:01 PM UTC
Hi, it seams like their stock counter can't be trusted. I ordered AFV Club's M54 because it was 'backordered' placed my order and checked again a day later and it was listed as 'pre-order'.

Regards jason
warrentofficer
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 08:12 PM UTC
year ago I was a client of that company based in hong kong ,i use to buy a lot of stuff but i left for discussion about the delivery price that reached price very high and the kit costed more than here,and waiting time with the story of STOCK INVENTORY,after a high volume discussion i left and i did not buy any think from them also on top of my not native english they putted them CHINESE ENGLISH ,TO MUCH FOR ME BUY FROM THERM IS TIME AND MONEY WAIST
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 10:31 PM UTC
Dealt with them for years. Had same things happen (hey, someone clicked on buy before you did), but i never took it personally or hard. Just waited for them to get it back in stock. I do most of my shopping online and I've had this happen with other reputable stores as well. Keeping an up to date inventory is hard, and the Lucky Model guys are not out to cheat you out of your money. In fact they are a great place to get models for less, especially big boxes if you can get their 2$ flat shipping rate promotion. So take the bad with the good and support them, I got the Strumtiger when their stock was 6+, I knew they would sell out soon. And more business for them means more money to increase their stock...
Honestly the only deal breaker for me with an online store is bad customer service, and only one store so far made the list, after costing me approx 150 euro in botched shipments that they felt no responsibility for. Will not name names, but I'm now sticking with Hobby Easy, Lucky Model and Eduard for direct purchases. They are not perfect but the best I found so far.

Just my two cents
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 03:11 AM UTC
A certain shop in Eastern Europe leads you to believe all the inventory is in stock all the time (when it isn't), and will leave you waiting sometimes for months until he does receive it. Granted, you don't get charged until the item is sent, but the guy is very unpleasant/obnoxious upon inquiries.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone experienced issues with Luckymodel's stock level when placing an order?

I am now on problem number three. I went online to order the new SturmTiger by RFM. The system showed 1 left in stock. I completed my order and check the stock level again and it still showed 1 in stock. I waited a couple of hours and checked again to find it showing 0 (zero).

It turns out that I am now waiting on more of the kits to come in. Is it a mistake to trust the inventory indicator? Spruebrothers states that their inventory counter is 100% accurate.

Prior to this, I had preordered the Takom Panther kit. It turns out LM was unable to fulfill the orders at all.

Prior to that I had an experience with Alpine figures showing up as being in stock when in fact they were not.

Before these events I had only positive things to say about Luckymodel. This is getting very frustrating. I am curious if anyone has had a similar experience.

Dear Greg,

The RF-5012 is being restocked from Rye Field, we will receive the shipment within 12 hrs.

The stock counter show is a close to real time stock indicator, however, it has a 10 seconds time delay.

When you put the order (order confirmation notice), the system record the order, but the reserved is not happen right away, it will wait the payment notification to make the stock reserve effective.

You should have the experience that from the time you put the order until the time you pay the order, it takes 10-15 seconds to complete. Imagine an other customer is doing the same thing, when both payment arrive, it may have a chance that one of them would not able to reserved the stock. This may happens in some high demand but low stock item.

Our staff run the China made item restock weekly, so in this case, the purchase demand has been made.

This case only happen when the last 1 - 3 stock left and many people jump to the same item at the same time.

Base on this, let us to run an additional stock allocation notification after your order received in 10 mins, so in the case like this, you will be notified right away to avoid the confusion.

Anyway, your order will be delivered within next 12 hrs.

Regards
Raymond
gregcctrn
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 01:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Greg,

The RF-5012 is being restocked from Rye Field, we will receive the shipment within 12 hrs.

The stock counter show is a close to real time stock indicator, however, it has a 10 seconds time delay.

When you put the order (order confirmation notice), the system record the order, but the reserved is not happen right away, it will wait the payment notification to make the stock reserve effective.

You should have the experience that from the time you put the order until the time you pay the order, it takes 10-15 seconds to complete. Imagine an other customer is doing the same thing, when both payment arrive, it may have a chance that one of them would not able to reserved the stock. This may happens in some high demand but low stock item.

Our staff run the China made item restock weekly, so in this case, the purchase demand has been made.

This case only happen when the last 1 - 3 stock left and many people jump to the same item at the same time.

Base on this, let us to run an additional stock allocation notification after your order received in 10 mins, so in the case like this, you will be notified right away to avoid the confusion.

Regards
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the prompt reply and explanation of how the inventory system works.

Is there a way that an explanation could be put on the Luckymodel website explaining this so that customers can realize what the potential is once the count of a certain kit is low.

Moving forward I now know for the future and understand that this could happen again if I order when the remaining count of an item is low.
Ray28
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2018 - 02:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Dear Greg,

Regards
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the prompt reply and explanation of how the inventory system works.

Is there a way that an explanation could be put on the Luckymodel website explaining this so that customers can realize what the potential is once the count of a certain kit is low.

Moving forward I now know for the future and understand that this could happen again if I order when the remaining count of an item is low.

Thanks you.

We have discussed that and we are going to add a program to make an "online" stock reserve when you send the order (before payment). In the case like this, the system will notify you the stock reservation fail and you have to option to go for payment or not.

Once the stock reserve is success, we hold the reserve for 10 mins, allowing time for you complete the payment. In case something wrong with payment and causing more than 10 mins, the system will cancel the stock reservation and sending an email notification to you so as a customer, you are kept informed of the case.

This issue brings us my experience in hotel booking, where it will take 2-3 hrs to arrive the booking to the hotel counter as well as there is a chance the destined hotel cannot complete the reservation when you arrive (from booking to arrive in 30 mins).

Anyway, your comments will be our input for services improvement.

We will add the notice once we finish the coding.

Regasrds
Raymond
 _GOTOTOP