_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Mailman Cometh Again Aug 9 2018
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 06:54 AM UTC
It's been awhile since I posted. Trust me ...I'm working on my models that I have signed up for in various campaigns..so don't worry campaign bosses.
Here's a picture of the new kits that I have been able to order from ThinkHobbies.com The Takom Panther A is the one with full interior & pre-molded zimmerit.
I'm excited..these Takom kits look amazing. I also have the Meng King Tiger II, Jagdpanther & Panther A kits. I also scored some Asuka Shermans, Fireflys....Jumbo...
Has anyone built the Takom Panther A? Is there any faults that we should be aware of?
Bigred69
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 290 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 07:04 AM UTC
Nice haul, good selection!
jps
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:11 AM UTC
Please forgive my ramblings here. Over the last year I have had some health issues that have given me motive to look at life a little differently that I have in the past. Luckily my wealth problems are resting for the moment. Still I have come to some realizations:

a) I am not going to live long enough to build everything I have. Note: You may and if you see me hawking my stuff you should buy it.
b) I will be retireing soonish and we may move to a condo or something similar and may not have the room for all this stuff.
c) I will continue to buy new stuff hopefully with less reckless abandon.

A+B+C= significantly downsizing my stash and my library. The future is now.

A few months ago I got into a conversation with someone here on Armorama. Easyco69 and I live in what mose would call a 1st world country. The gentleman I was speaking to lived in what probably be called a 2nd world country, I wouldn't call it quite a 3rd world country. The pile you are showing would be most of a years wages for the average person in his country. When people spend money on a model there they are SERIOUS about modeling. I think about how a guy like that feels seeing this stack.

Sorry to be kinda a downer here. Enjoy your models build them all but remember the important things in life.

Dave
Kenaicop
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 1,316 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 08:20 AM UTC
I miss those days...😢
iamheaminot
Visit this Community
Invercargill, New Zealand
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 185 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 09:19 AM UTC
Nice score on the models. Enjoy the build. I still potter with those horrible, incorrect, with stiff tracks Italeri versions of light years ago. Anyway I have lots of fun and yes my stash grows week by week. Mmmmmmm

Something to ponder on "Thinking does not cook rice". An old Chinese proverb.

Power to your scalpel, glue and paintbrush.
Being born where, how or why is out of a persons control however what we can control then you or I have a choice. No more, no less.

Enjoy the hobby, enjoy the friendships made and knowledge shared. Most of all have fun. Life is too beeping short.

Sorry that I couldn't help out with your question, now if it was on Italeri Panthers, where do I start?
 _GOTOTOP