_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M10 17lbr/Achilles colour q?
chauvel
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 01:13 AM UTC
Hi all
Currently tinkering with Academy's Achilles kit & have a question. Have already done some digging here & over on ML about colours but as most may already be aware, info is pretty thin. I've come across just 1 a/m decal set for this AFV which shows OD as vehicle colour, backing up Academy's ideas. Now, I'm inclined to think at least the turret would be SCC15, however if I use the kit decals for the Italian vehicle, would it not be Light Mud with Blue-Black disruptive?
Conversely, the other thought...if I use the kit decals for the Holland vehicle May '45, how much of the vehicle would've received SCC15?
Phew....
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 01:28 AM UTC
The whole vehicle would be painted SSC15, as it was a major conversion.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 01:34 AM UTC
Would a Mickey Mouse ears camo be possible too?
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would a Mickey Mouse ears camo be possible too?

AFAIK the MM pattern was to be applied on lighter vehicles only (softskins and halfracks). Black/OD hard-edge camo is not necessary MM pattern.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 02:28 AM UTC
Somewhere on the interwebs I saw pics of Canadian M10Cs in NWE with black "wavy" camo on the lower third of the hull sponsons and on the top third of the turret. It was not a "factory" job, and I expect the fitters that did it in the field used plenty of variation in the patterns!
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 - 11:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all
Currently tinkering with Academy's Achilles kit & have a question. Have already done some digging here & over on ML about colours but as most may already be aware, info is pretty thin. I've come across just 1 a/m decal set for this AFV which shows OD as vehicle colour, backing up Academy's ideas. Now, I'm inclined to think at least the turret would be SCC15, however if I use the kit decals for the Italian vehicle, would it not be Light Mud with Blue-Black disruptive?
Conversely, the other thought...if I use the kit decals for the Holland vehicle May '45, how much of the vehicle would've received SCC15?
Phew....

You can rule out the Mud / Blue black which was the scheme taken to Italy but dispensed with due to its contrast to the terrain. SCC 15 all the way
 _GOTOTOP