_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Panzer 38(t) - 1/35 Trumpeter
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 01:07 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

In conjunction with my Panzer 35(t) build for the Under New Management campaign, I also revived an old unfinished build of mine - a 1/35 Trumpeter Panzer 38(t). I have to say, this is quite the cute tank. I've also remembered that I have a DML kit hidden away in a friend's home. Might consider building that soon.

I've applied some washes, streaking and pigments on the lower hull. I'm still considering adding some pigments on the fenders and recesses on the hull to tie everything together before calling this one done. I'm also thinking of going back and re-touching the scratches on the engine deck. I would highly appreciate any constructive criticism and suggestions. Thanks for looking!

obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 05:14 AM UTC
Overall it looks really good! But I wonder if the exhaust would show that much caked-on rust. I know they were made from thin sheet metal, but perhaps if you toned down the orange-ish color with a bit of brown colors, it wouldn't "stick out" as much.
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 07:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Overall it looks really good! But I wonder if the exhaust would show that much caked-on rust. I know they were made from thin sheet metal, but perhaps if you toned down the orange-ish color with a bit of brown colors, it wouldn't "stick out" as much.

I have to agree about the exhaust being to orange. Rust takes on many different colors even some blue. Unless this vehicle has been sitting outside for ten years, their should still be some of the original paint left on the exhaust system in places.

Mark
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 01:08 PM UTC
Thanks for the feedback Mark and Jack. I actually liked the rust effect I saw in another build so that I copies it. While I actually like the fact that the exhaust stocks out, you're right - it is a bit unrealistic. I'll go over it later with brown pastels and washes to tone it down. I'll also add some of the base coat back on.

Might go for this look:

_GOTOTOP