_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Hrmmpf, Takom 2101, Bergepanther Ausf. A
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 - 10:41 PM UTC
Hrmmm!
Above the compartment containing the detailed winch and surrounding interior (below the turret of a the gun tank) there is a box structure which has some storage boxes on the insides but the rest is largely open. This structure is covered by a wood decking which in real life seems to be split into six (6) panels.
Takom have decided to replicate those six panels as one single part with wood texturing only on the top side.
There are no alternative parts.
If one would like the interior of the winch compartment to be visible, it would be a real shame otherwise, this wood decking part (S2-1) needs to be split into the six parts.
Part S2-15 which is a support beam across the opening also needs be be adjusted since it has three horizontal tabs which fits into the underside of the decking (S2-1).

Going to all the trouble and expenses to recreate the interior (torsion rods for the suspension, longitudinal beams, winch, et.c et.c) and then closing it all off and not including alternative parts, six pieces to replace S2-1 and one for S2-15 (the beam).

What were they thinking? There is not even an explanation in the assembly booklet about how to modify the parts. Most or all model builders will work this out for themselves but they could have gone the extra yard or two (it is definitely not a whole extra mile).
The box is double size and jam packed with sprues but a measly 7 pieces of plastic are not there ....

The steering gear and final drives, driver & co-drivers positions, engine room, detailed engine and coolers are all there. The engine hatches are separate pieces so the engine room can be shown. Drivers compartment is also open so I CAN NOT understand this cold hearted treatment of the winch compartment ...

Accurate Armour have or had a conversion set to make a VT-34:
https://accurate-armour.com/aa-products/135th-conversion-sets/c012
Someone wrote a review/presentation of this somewhere and wrote something like: Whoever builds this closed up has no soul.
I sort of feel the same about Takoms choice to not include anything, no plastic and no instructions, to be able to display the winch compartment.

Looks like a LOT of model building joy though
This will be fun

/ Robin
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:17 AM UTC
yes the wood decking is in one piece.. But it's not so difficult to cut it... Or do you just want to complain ? Yes there is a complete interior so ofcourse they could have include 6 wood deck panels but that is not a big deal... Be happy instead that they have released the kit and stop looking for faults....

So enjoy the building of the kit instead....
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

yes the wood decking is in one piece.. But it's not so difficult to cut it... Or do you just want to complain ? Yes there is a complete interior so ofcourse they could have include 6 wood deck panels but that is not a big deal... Be happy instead that they have released the kit and stop looking for faults....

So what your saying is that a respected staff of this site doesn't have a right to voice his opinion. That's his job. That's what this site is for. Where do you get off telling someone to stop saying what they feel about a kit. The rude manner in which addressed this matter is repellent to me. I think you are the one that needs to be quiet.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

quoting myself:
"Most or all model builders will work this out for themselves but they could have gone the extra yard or two (it is definitely not a whole extra mile)."

and
"
This will be fun
"
/ Robin
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 04:03 AM UTC
You got pwned, Johansson.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

quoting myself:
"Most or all model builders will work this out for themselves but they could have gone the extra yard or two (it is definitely not a whole extra mile)."

and
"
This will be fun
"
/ Robin

Ja Robin jag tycker som dig med men det är inte ett stort problem om det inte är det med i modellen, ber om ursäkt om du tar illa upp

Jeff, i think Robin can handle that i dont have the same opinion like he have, and just because he is a respected staff nobody should argue against him then ? I have also the right to say my opinion, it's a free world i live in where i can say what i want ...even if he is a respected staff member ..and i have the same right as you to say what i want.. And if you think i should be quiet that is your opinien and that's fine for me and where have i said he dont have the right to say his opinion ?

Shell, yes i got...i will never complain again if that is forbidden here..

Robin, bygg din bergepanther med glädje, det är ju som sagt en jättefin modell, vad menar du med det andra felet?

Regards Roger , and i'm not regret anything....
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Shell, yes i got...i will never complain again if that is forbidden here..

And I got the chance to use a tired internet joke.

No, it's not forbidden. But sometimes it helps to re-read the post you're replying to (and the other posts responding to it) to make sure some context wasn't missed, especially with languages that can use tone to alter meanings which can only be implied in text form. That way you won't make Jeff mad again.

Robin appeared to like the kit but was a bit miffed Takom didn't just go ahead and make the parts in order to show off the interior pieces they went to all the trouble of making. He acknowledged that scratching was not a big deal and the kit otherwise looked the business. In other words, so balanced that I think he likes the kit but I am not 100% sure. Doesn't matter to me in any case as I already bought one, but knowing that bit of scratch awaits me I can now start planning for it and look at other people's solutions as these get built.

They will get built, won't they?
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 08:35 AM UTC
I got both BergePanthers from Takom. Impressive kits and I do like them, I like them so much that they may even get built sometime
When I wrote my first post I forgot the word 'miffed', otherwise I would have used it

The other BergePanther is also full of interior which is crying out to be shown but Takom delivered a closed lid in this kit as well. The part looks as if it consists of two semi circles connected by hinges.

Does anyone know if it was the front or rear half that got folded up when opened, did they open whichever suited the purposes best or did they always open and remove both?
/ Robin
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 10:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know if it was the front or rear half that got folded up when opened, did they open whichever suited the purposes best or did they always open and remove both?

Here's ICM take on the question :

H.P.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 01:33 PM UTC
Waldemar Trojka's take from Tank Power Vol 2

Series 1 vehicle

Series 2 vehicle

I don't have Panzer Tracts 16-1 ....
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:42 PM UTC
Robin, have you thought to use real wood planking.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 03:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So what your saying is that a respected staff of this site doesn't have a right to voice his opinion. That's his job. That's what this site is for. Where do you get off telling someone to stop saying what they feel about a kit. The rude manner in which addressed this matter is repellent to me. I think you are the one that needs to be quiet.

Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 04:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sorry guys...I overreacted. I spent 12 years in Germany and can see how linguistics can play in such a discussion. Please accept my sincere apology. Es tut Mir leid.😎
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Robin, have you thought to use real wood planking.

I haven't started thinking about how to solve this. I haven't even checked the plastic yet. The box is FULL of sprues so I didn't want to take everything out in case I had problems getting it all back inside. It should be possible to use a scalpel to score the lid along the lines between the boards and snap them. I don't know if the pieces would need thinning down, i.e. if the plastic part is thicker than scale representation of the real planks or not.
Where would the boards be placed when not acting as a lid during a recovery operation? Somewhere on the vehicle or beside it? Questions to be answered ....

/ Robin
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:56 PM UTC
Thanks Frenchy!

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP