_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Conqueror Mk II
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 07:11 AM UTC
Looks like Amusing Hobby has decided to give us one of these:
http://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Militaermodellbau_135/Panzer/Panzerfahrzeuge_-_ab_1945/Kampfpanzer/FV214_Conqueror_MkII__i13_66768_0.htm

/ Robin
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:01 AM UTC

Well for me Robin, great news; I'm around halfway through their Mk 1 - stalled because I'm tackling a resin M75 (don't ask!) but I will ne looking forward to this one that's for sure.

Brian
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 10:42 AM UTC
I knew this was coming - based on the design of the Mk 1 kit and the fact that it made sense to do a Mk 2!

I just had to be patient...
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:40 AM UTC
Great news! thanks for pointing that out Robin. If I remember there were some sort of issues with the MK1, I don't remember what they were, but maybe they resolved them with this release. I will probably buy one anyway, even if it still has some errors.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 05:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great news! thanks for pointing that out Robin. If I remember there were some sort of issues with the MK1, I don't remember what they were, but maybe they resolved them with this release. I will probably buy one anyway, even if it still has some errors.

Someone wrote that in his opinion the shape of the turret was not quite correct. Don't know by how much it was incorrect ....

/ Robin
mudcake
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:11 PM UTC
Got the Mk1 so have to get the mk2.
Hopefully we might see some aftermarket PE parts etc.
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Same here, plus the Super Conqueror and the FV215b. These kits crave for some TLC from the aftermarket companies. Gun barrels (kit ones are decent but could use some nice metal ones), PE details for the tool straps and other stuff, some crew figures and more.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Depending on how picky you want to be, and based on other's reviews, the Amusing Hobby Mk 1 armour under the track guards shaped incorrectly and wrong length, the turret shape is off in profile and the hatches are wrong. But since when has a kit been 100% perfect?

Build one and be happy with the result, I say.

pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Build one and be happy with the result, I say.

Pretty much my modelling philosophy- even when I feel the need for acurizing
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 08:51 PM UTC
The box art is amazing; love the ejecting spent shellcase.

Any chance for a 1-72 version? I recently learned to love British armor, but the scale is very inconvenient if you are also short on space. (And time.)
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tony,

Voyager Model do some etch - albeit for the Dragon Mk 2 - and Aber do a very nice gun barrel with fume extractor.

There was quite a bit of debate about the Amusing Hobby/Dragon Conquerors earlier this year which some may find useful:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/269148&page=1

I suspect most of the details from Voyager would transfer easily enough to the AH kit although personally, I feel most details can be met by wire, plastic card, and some replacement components such as the Comd's MG, however, all a matter of choice!

'Hope this helps, not least the earlier discussions.

Brian
mudcake
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 10:41 PM UTC
Thanks Brian,

I've seen the Voyager sets but from memory they were expensive and/or the set I wanted wasn't available, plus a lot of the parts would be wasted.
Just want stuff like tie down clips etc but they should be standard for British armour ( I hope) so maybe another tank set will do.
Haven't been modelling for ages and just getting back into it. Need to do the research, followed by the rivet counting!
mudcake
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 - 11:02 PM UTC
Have any of you bought detailed scale drawings from the Tank Museum library for the Mk1 and Mk2?
If so, do you have a reference number?
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 01:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have any of you bought detailed scale drawings from the Tank Museum library for the Mk1 and Mk2?

Tony,

I do not have any scale drawings from the Tank Museum; presumably they do exist somewhere.

The only sources I know of otherwise are the AFV Profile series and the George Bradford book on Cold War Armour - also discussed in the earlier link.

Re details: I don't think you'll need any tie-downs, and the details on the stowage boxes are, I think, good enough, but would obviously benefit from a padlock or 2 affixed to the securing hasps. The only other purchases I've made (for the Mk 1)are some Accurate Armour fire extinguishers, and their antennae bases for the No 19 set, which arguably was a mistake as the kit ones are just about good enough. I suspect however that the Mk 2 would have been fitted with the later Larkspur radio set so there might be merit in getting some of these, again from Accurate Armour, but I don't yet know what AH have moulded on to their Mk 2.

You might find the earlier discussion of some use (though probably made tedious by yours truly!)

Brian
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 02:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They will have the option for purchasing plans available on their site in the near future. For the time being this service is not available. That is what I was told about a month ago.
mudcake
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 08:49 PM UTC
Thanks again Brian
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - 11:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks again Brian

My pleasure. I must just stress perhaps that I'm no Conqueror expert just a fan.

If, when undertaking a build you wish to receive the photos I took in Bovington Tank Museum earlier, just PM me with an email and I'll get them to you. I hasten to add they don't add that much to the sum of Conqueror knowledge but might fill in some gaps somewhere.
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 04:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any chance for a 1-72 version? I recently learned to love British armor, but the scale is very inconvenient if you are also short on space. (And time.)

There's a good chance: T-Model have announced an FV215-B as their next release, so probably a 1/72 Conqueror is only a matter of time.

http://www.moxing.net/2018/0810/9268.html
TankManNick
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 05:59 AM UTC
http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/product/195/1-72-british-heavy-tank-fv-214-conqueror-mk-ii.html

Resin though, if you were expecting plastic.
TankManNick
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 06:01 AM UTC
Another: http://www.thehobbyden.com/product_info.php?products_id=2143
 _GOTOTOP