_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
O/T: Need help with chinese translation
Violetrock
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 10:12 PM UTC
Dear all,

one of my orders went back to China. Tracking says: 北京市, 退回 妥投

What does it mean? The English translation via Bing reads: "Beijing, return to the vote"
What does Chinese Postal service want to tell me with that? For me, it does not make a lot of sense. Or are vote and sender the same words in Chinese language?

Thanks,

Thomas
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 11:21 PM UTC
A little bit of online research leads me to believe it translates to "Return to sender. Delivery attempt failed."

bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 01:05 AM UTC
I had two of my ebay orders get sent back to china for incorrect addresses. A third was about to but I was able to catch it at the post office. The name and address we completely wrong. The only thing that was right was the zip code. To top it off, it wasn't even what I ordered. I ordered Tiger Models AMX-10rcr and I got a necklace. But the description on the package said that it was the kit that I ordered. The seller wont contact me back and his store doesn't have any item for sale anymore. I just filled a complaint with ebay this morning!
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had two of my ebay orders get sent back to china for incorrect addresses. A third was about to but I was able to catch it at the post office. The name and address we completely wrong. The only thing that was right was the zip code. To top it off, it wasn't even what I ordered. I ordered Tiger Models AMX-10rcr and I got a necklace. But the description on the package said that it was the kit that I ordered. The seller wont contact me back and his store doesn't have any item for sale anymore. I just filled a complaint with ebay this morning!

which was the ebay company, just so we dont order from them
Chillidragon
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 05:39 AM UTC
I parse it:

北京市 "Beijing City"

退回 "return/send back"

妥 "appropriate(ly)/proper(ly)"

投 "send/deliver".

So I make it "Return to Beijing; address appropriately [and] [re]post".

Caveat: I am only familiar with Ancient Chinese (particularly Warring States/Hundred Schools Period) and no, I don't model it...
bots1141
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

which was the ebay company, just so we dont order from them

kjskaj35
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 07:12 AM UTC
There have been a few Chinese scammers over the past few months running a scam where they sell an item ridiculously cheap, and they take a long time to ship it. They do it to run you out of time to open a case against them when you open your box to find a 3 foot USB cord instead of the Tamiya 1/32 Corsair kit you thought was coming.

This happened to several guys on largescaleplanes.com. Fortunately ebay has buyer protection set up so noone got burned by the scam but the creeps still got some cash out of it.
bots1141
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC
I have two other orders that are marked as shipped but the tracking number says that the label is created but not in system yet. I have message the sellers questioning it and they won't get back to me and their stores now have nothing being sold in them like the sellers have completely disappeared!
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 10:20 AM UTC
Or got caught!

Cheers Rob.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have two other orders that are marked as shipped but the tracking number says that the label is created but not in system yet. I have message the sellers questioning it and they won't get back to me and their stores now have nothing being sold in them like the sellers have completely disappeared!

I wouldn't get too excited yet. On about half of my eBay purchases I get an almost instant notification that the item has shipped, even if I ordered it in the middle of the night. Perhaps it makes it easier for the seller to track his items somehow. At any rate, I've never encountered any problems using eBay, and I buy an awful lot from China, Russia, the Ukraine.. Just lucky I guess.
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 04:37 PM UTC
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Ebay is bad I use it a lot! but it the seller's store disappears then something is wrong!

Cheers Rob.
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 05:17 PM UTC
I'm very skeptical with Ebay. I did by stuff from low points (less than 100pts, but good and checked rating) sources. Until now, nothing gone wrong yet. Still, my premises are:

1 - Price too good be true. No.
2 - Check the description.
3 - Send a message and wait for an answer before ordering. I usually ask some mid tricky question, then evaluate the respond time and the way they answer. The good sellers are usually fast and more professional with less broken English.

Until now, my worst case is a parcel took 2 months to deliver. Seller (China) said that they were ready for refund. Then I receive the parcel next day. Turn out, it was Canada Post's delay.
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 08:25 PM UTC
One of the best ways of not have trouble with these scammers on EBay is to first check out customer feedback reviews of the vendors.If you should notice a lot of negative or low rating,just pass.These are my best tips.
deerstalker36
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2018 - 09:20 PM UTC
i order a fair bit from China off evilbay. Its usually tracked on chinapost so i can follow it that way and havent had an issue - yet.

the biggest problem i have is Australia post, which i think uses tortoises for delivery
TerancekW
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 12:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I parse it:

北京市 "Beijing City"

退回 "return/send back"

妥 "appropriate(ly)/proper(ly)"

投 "send/deliver".

So I make it "Return to Beijing; address appropriately [and] [re]post".

Caveat: I am only familiar with Ancient Chinese (particularly Warring States/Hundred Schools Period) and no, I don't model it...

The meaning of each word is correct.

妥投 is the abbreviation of 妥善投遞 Proper delivery

The meaning of those words is "Beijing, (order) returned back (after) a proper delivery.

Proper delivery could mean "attempt to deliver to the address but in vain."
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC
I've ordered lots of stuff from places in China and haven't had any issues yet. Fingers crossed!

Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 12:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i order a fair bit from China off evilbay. Its usually tracked on chinapost so i can follow it that way and havent had an issue - yet.

the biggest problem i have is Australia post, which i think uses tortoises for delivery

Yep....same same never have any big problem with China only with Aussie post tortoise speed and they like to add Km just for fun sometimes my parcels go to Townsville spend the night there and then come back to Mackay just to go back again up north to my place....
 _GOTOTOP