_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Amusing Hobby: Waffentrager Auf E-100
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 11:15 AM UTC

A new Panzerwaffe-46 model is coming from Amusing Hobby, the Waffenträger auf E-100

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 11:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A new Panzerwaffe-46 model is coming from Amusing Hobby, the Waffenträger auf E-100

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

where are they coming up with all this stuff i find it hard to believe there were actual plans for this beast
concidering they found the hull of a E100 when the war ended

DocDarwin
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 11:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

where are they coming up with all this stuff i find it hard to believe there were actual plans for this beast
concidering they found the hull of a E100 when the war ended

Its a fictional design courtesy of the World of Tanks videogame. A majority of Amusing Hobbys kits are based off paper panzer designs or that particular videogame.
MarshalMannerheim
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 07:01 AM UTC
I agree, these fantasy vehicles are a complete waste of time, I will never buy them. Amusing Hobbies Ho-Ri at least that was prototyped. Why don’t the manufacturers concentrate on the real vehicles still missing from the collective catalogues like the Australian Sentinel, or a British 3.7 Inch anti aircraft gun.
Mongo13
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 130 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 07:19 AM UTC
Because where's the fun in that
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 07:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree, these fantasy vehicles are a complete waste of time, I will never buy them. Amusing Hobbies Ho-Ri at least that was prototyped. Why don’t the manufacturers concentrate on the real vehicles still missing from the collective catalogues like the Australian Sentinel, or a British 3.7 Inch anti aircraft gun.

Or the BTR-152.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 02:19 PM UTC
Wow! What an evil-looking beast...though I personally usually have no use for the much-despised "Paper panzers" this one is intriguing enough to make me weaken on that point. Now we need a build article to further sway me and my wallet!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 03:13 PM UTC
Not my cup of tea but if you like it enjoy !....nothing is a waste of time if you like it....probably the 3/4 of the world population think hours hobby in general is a waste of money and time....but I don’t give a flying S#¥%! and I love it!....
landshark4
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 103 posts
Armorama: 88 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 02:39 AM UTC
The flaw with a lot of this Panzer '46 stuff is that the design direction doesn't make sense. Let's say war really did drag on would the Germans have continued down the path of the E-Series? Or would they have looked around at the capture equipment and thought, maybe it's better to copy what the Allies are doing? I envision the e-series coming to an end as Albert Speer or whoever realized that they couldn't mass produce enough of them and the German staffs finally listening to the troops that while the Panthers and Tigers were impressive, the basic design philosophy was not conducive to sustained conflict or maneuver warfare. I envision Panzer '46 stuff starting to have design traits more in common with a Pershing.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 04:01 AM UTC
While I agree with you on the long-term viability of the E-100 based chassis I do take exception to your lumping of the Panther series in with Tigers as they were specifically designed with certain differing goals in mind. In the case of the Panther it was battlefield supremacy and that it achieved in its well-balanced approach to the holy trinity of armour: offensive power, defensive capabilities and maneuverability. As arguably the best medium tank to come out of the Second World War I would put forth that the Panther succeeded most admirably on all counts as the mind-boggling Soviet & Allied armour losses will readily confirm. Of all the fielded tanks that saw action in the second World War it is the one that I would choose to crew in any engagement with any hope of surviving the day. Let the argument begin...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 05:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As arguably the best medium tank to come out of the Second World War I would put forth that the Panther succeeded most admirably on all counts as the mind-boggling Soviet & Allied armour losses will readily confirm. Of all the fielded tanks that saw action in the second World War it is the one that I would choose to crew in any engagement with any hope of surviving the day. Let the argument begin...

It's all down to the crew. You put a good crew in a Sherman there'll be a field of burning Panthers. You put a crud crew in a Panther they'll panic and bail out at a smoke round.

But the tanks have be reasonably comparable.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 10:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's all down to the crew. You put a good crew in a Sherman there'll be a field of burning Panthers.

I suppose they could if the panzer guys were all standing around with hands in their pockets and looking at the sky!
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2018 - 12:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While I agree with you on the long-term viability of the E-100 based chassis I do take exception to your lumping of the Panther series in with Tigers as they were specifically designed with certain differing goals in mind. In the case of the Panther it was battlefield supremacy and that it achieved in its well-balanced approach to the holy trinity of armour: offensive power, defensive capabilities and maneuverability. As arguably the best medium tank to come out of the Second World War I would put forth that the Panther succeeded most admirably on all counts as the mind-boggling Soviet & Allied armour losses will readily confirm. Of all the fielded tanks that saw action in the second World War it is the one that I would choose to crew in any engagement with any hope of surviving the day. Let the argument begin...

the first 24 Panthers to arrive in Russia over half never made it to the battle field due to mechanical issues one even caught fire unloading it from the rail car.
Abandoned Panthers Littered the fields of France because of mechanical issues so how can you call it the best tank from ww2?
vote is a tie between the T34 and the Sherman
and look at thier production numbers
sherman 49187
T34 84070

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2018 - 01:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It's all down to the crew. You put a good crew in a Sherman there'll be a field of burning Panthers.

I suppose they could if the panzer guys were all standing around with hands in their pockets and looking at the sky!

It would of course help immensely for it to be a Sherman firefly.

Or 76mm with a rack of HVAP ammo. Drill the crew and have a fast loader and a driver with good reflexes? Against a bunch of enthusiastic but green panzer guys? Watch Girls Und Panzer. A well drilled crew of high school girls can make believable tankers if they eat, sleep and drink gunnery and tactics. 😏

I saw a crew of them in a conduct of fire trainer when I was an instructor. They were that good. Girls und Panzer isn't that farfetched.

Or Centurion 5 beating an M1 in gunnery? Or an M60A3 beating a Challenger? Not supposed to happen! Just like a Sherman beating a Panther.
 _GOTOTOP