_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Takom: New Panther variants
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 - 06:47 PM UTC

Takom has released a cad drawing of two new panther variants of an anti-aircraft type. The variants will be available as a 2 for 1 kit.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 05:22 AM UTC
Is the wooden turret that one I've seen in photos where the gunners sat in seats that kept them in line with the barrels, that is, they elevated and depressed along with the gun?
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 10:25 AM UTC
Not sure what you mean but if you have seen a real photo of the Coelian, that was the wooden mock up. It never had a real turret.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 12:44 PM UTC
I know that the Coelian only existed as a wooden prototype on a D hull, but I'd be more interested in the kit mounted on a G hull.
I guess I'll have to wait and see if the turrets fit onto a G turret ring.
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 - 11:55 PM UTC
The turret ring dimensions would have been the same for the three Panther variants. So, if Takom have the dimensions correct, then the Coelian turret should fit into the chassis of a donor Ausf G kit (if the donor kit also got the dimensions correct).

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 04:08 AM UTC
It would be more appropriate to see the Coelian and the other Flak panzer variant mounted on either a late-G or the new Ausf "F" series chassis; assuming that the Panther II project was not revived at that point. The only point that I can see on mounting such turrets on Ausf "D/A" turrets would be for developmental purposes before the project was adopted into wide-scale use. Obsolete though dimensionally-identical donor hulls would be used because they were available and not because the program directors visualized using them in the field.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 07:09 AM UTC
I saw the wooden mock up in a video on You Tube. It showed how the plan was to have the gunners sit in elevating-depressing seats which were going to be inline with the guns. It was not an actual turret. Each gunner would have a door that opened to the front, making the shape different from the one Takom has envisioned. But, there may have been more than one design on paper. That is why I am asking if this is supposed to be the mock up with the seats that elevated, depressed.
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2018 - 07:11 AM UTC
I had things confused, here is the video of the turret where the gunners always sat parallel to the guns. There are several vehicles prior to the one I was talking about and it isn't the one Takom has produced. My error. Look at 7:48 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2hAb32K8Dg
 _GOTOTOP