_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
T26E3 Turret Cast Numbers
norma_aida_pipo
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi, anybody knows of the correct turret cast numbers for a T26E3 (Pershing Tank)under the Zebra Mission? I am currently working with Dragon's 6032 model and it lacks the molded turret numbers, perphaps somedy else has it from a different manufacturer like Tamiya or Hobby Boss.

Thank you.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 11:02 AM UTC
Relying on a model company for things like that is not always a good idea. I've blown up this photo from a walkaround I took in Korea. Unfortunately it's one of the few times I heeded the "Do Not Go Up" signs. You can see the location but not the actual number. Now if you're willing to wait two weeks...

It's a pretty fair assumption you know far more than I do about casting numbers. These were produced at Fisher Tank Arsenal and Detroit Tank Arsenal if that helps you choose a foundry mark.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 11:49 AM UTC
These are from an M46 but the castings are the same. I would use lower serial numbers for ZEBRA Misson tanks.

KL

GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, anybody knows of the correct turret cast numbers for a T26E3 (Pershing Tank)under the Zebra Mission? I am currently working with Dragon's 6032 model and it lacks the molded turret numbers, perphaps somedy else has it from a different manufacturer like Tamiya or Hobby Boss.

Thank you.

The walk around photos of the Wright Museum tank here on Armorama may be of use. It was one of the tanks present at Remagen.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 06:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The walk around photos of the Wright Museum tank here on Armorama may be of use.

Indeed !

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/features/7759&page=9

H.P.
norma_aida_pipo
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 06:55 AM UTC
Thanks, this really helps because it has the same E 10609 attached as the Zebra Mission tanks...
 _GOTOTOP