_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Trumpeter: Tiger I Mid, Maus, and More
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2018 - 12:53 PM UTC

For October, three German armor subjects in 1/35 are to be released. A braille scale Soviet SPG completes the list of releases.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:38 AM UTC
Isn't it an ISU-152?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Isn't it an ISU-152?

No it's the SU-152 based on the KV suspension. Look at the engine deck and angles on the casement.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 01:44 AM UTC
Images to complement Stphens post above.

ISU-52 based on the IS-2 / IS-3 chassis:

SU-152 was based on the KV chassis:

Slatted rectangular grilles att the rear end of the engine deck
for IS-series vs two circular "lids" on the KV-series

/ Robin
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:42 AM UTC
Wondering how the DB9 will be...
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 07:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Isn't it an ISU-152?

No it's the SU-152 based on the KV suspension. Look at the engine deck and angles on the casement.

Definitely a SU-152. Compare the crew compartment to the engine deck, from the above track to the top. The SU-152 crew compartment is about 2 times taller than the deck whereas the ISU-152 crew compartment is about 3 times taller than the deck.
Me109G10
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 04:59 AM UTC
hmm so new Tiger models still run good for companies? I think we dont need any new.. and as far as I saw, the last one was kinda out of shape..
jczeus
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 05:19 AM UTC
I totally agree!

More interesting to me is the DB9 half-track! It's the older version of the DB10 that still has leaf spring suspension. The Sd.Kfz. 8 is the first half-track that Trumpeter has not botched. The 5-ton was horrible, the 8-ton better, and with the 12-ton they finally struck gold. Sadly, reviews of this kit are not very numerous! It deserves more publicity IMO.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hmm so new Tiger models still run good for companies? I think we dont need any new.. and as far as I saw, the last one was kinda out of shape..

I'm wondering that myself. Does it make sense for another 1/35 Tiger in marketing perspective based on what's available already?
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 04:10 AM UTC
I'm thinking the same thing: Tiger over-saturation. Hard to imagine just ten years ago, but now we seem to have virtually every variant of every thing. Ditto on Panthers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; I just figure that it is a case of over-kill and diminishing returns on an ever-smaller market share as ever-more manufacturers chase ever-fewer builders. The problem with this is that the manufacturers spend significant money creating these kits and if they don't get the return that they feel that they deserve and will respond by being less willing to speculate. Just saying... And as to the Pink Elephants: I thought that they were simply primered tanks left in the sun too long. Going to have to clean my glasses more often...
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 04:40 AM UTC
You have to keep in mind our share of the market is pretty small compared to the rest of the world, especially Asia. And the hobby is not shrinking by any means; the number of brick stores is shrinking as the online stores increase and people buy their stuff in new ways.

The market supports the numerous releases of the same vehicles for many reasons. Some people won't buy stuff from certain manfacturers, others want a more complex kit over an easier one, or some product doesn't make it to certain markets. For example, I won't buy Tamiya or Academy Tigers.
 _GOTOTOP