_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Exactly which radios for an Opel Blitz?
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:45 PM UTC

I'm working on creating an Opel Blitz Radio Truck conversion and have run into a small problem. At this point he van body and exterior details have been made already (another great design by Gerry Mos). So now I'm working on the interior and am in need of finding out exactly what radios I should be working on.

I have several radios and transceivers at this point but the few photos I can find of the interior shows me that much more is needed. Does anyone have a basic list of what equipment goes into one of these radio trucks?

If I can come up with the exact radio equipment models then I can fill in the missing pieces. The radio pieces that I have so far are:

100 WS
Torn Fu.f
5 WS
Torn Fu. d2
Battery for Fu. d2
Feldfernschrieber

If anyone knows the model types for any other radio equipment that was commonly used in these vans please let me know.

thanks!
Jim
LSA
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 10:58 PM UTC
James,
There is a thread from early 2018 where I put some pictures of the Funkkoffer interior.It had "LF Blitz radio" in the description and if you search for it, it will pop up(sorry, using my cellphone, so I cannot paste a link).
Otherwise,I highly recommend the book "Wireless for Wehrmacht in detail" by WWP-it is where the pictures I posted come from.
HTH
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 12:08 AM UTC
Here's the thread :

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/264988

H.P.
samkidd
Visit this Community