_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
W-Model: 9s737 Ranzhir
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 07:56 PM UTC

W Model is preparing a 9s737 Ranzhir Tor and Tunguska Command Vehicle

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 - 01:34 PM UTC
Another one that would be interesting to see in 1/35th!
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 12:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another one that would be interesting to see in 1/35th!

SP Designs makes a full resin kit of the Ranzhir, which you could order directly from the manufacturer or from Jacques D at Sargeant At Arms Models in the USA
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 09:42 AM UTC
Good to know, but what I also meant was "...that we could actually afford..." I'm fond of resin for certain things but styrene kits rule in terms of the trade off between detail & affordability, which equates to more kits for the same money. I've long admired some of the big names in resin sets but could never tolerate the mind-blowing costs demanded by them.
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 - 04:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good to know, but what I also meant was "...that we could actually afford..." I'm fond of resin for certain things but styrene kits rule in terms of the trade off between detail & affordability, which equates to more kits for the same money. I've long admired some of the big names in resin sets but could never tolerate the mind-blowing costs demanded by them.

From where i stand, USD65.00 plus shipping from the USA is not really bad of a price for a full resin kit of the Ranzhir. If you consider the Trumpeter T-84BM Oplot kit is USD71.38 (air shipping included from Lucky Models). At the rate that Hobby Boss and Trumpeter is pumping out unique Russian AFVs, it would not surprise me if we get an MtLBU vehicle in the future. I find SP Design kits affordable but their mould quality is not on par with the likes of bigger name brands such as Legend Production.
 _GOTOTOP