_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Filters for Primer Red
CellarDweller21516
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 72 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 - 08:12 AM UTC
Working on Takom Bergepanther D and the interior is to be painted in primer red. I want to apply selective filters to different parts of the interior and was wondering what color(s) to use for the filters.
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 - 10:47 AM UTC
there are a couple of specific red primer filters in the Wilder range. NL15 and 16.
Halbcl2
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 - 12:34 PM UTC
I'm not sure it one really needs to bother with filters for the relatively small areas of an interior, but to highlight details as per washes I'd recommend green on the red. An artists' colour wheel will give you much insight into complimentary colours, etc.
Panzerdan412
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 - 03:12 PM UTC
I'd just do a Sepia on the hull bottom and maybe a brick|red wine red for highlights depends alot on the Paint brand your gonna use. AK is too purple tint Ammo tend to run more orange tint MRpaint is a good match out of the bottle but the paint. Or Mission models have a good red primer.
CellarDweller21516
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 72 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 12:39 AM UTC
I used to have a lot of Wilder products but a few of the filter bottles gummed up on me and was like rubber as the solvent separated. I got one replacement bottle but the second time (and third time) it happened I was ignored when I contacted them (multiple times)...Sold all my Wilder stuff on ebay...
 _GOTOTOP