_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
More Dragon stuff
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 07:12 AM UTC

This could be the sprues for Pz IV G but it shows the Neo-treatment for the tracks ...

Bigred69
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 290 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 07:35 AM UTC
Oh, I like the 113 Fitter.
ctkwok
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 08:06 AM UTC
Only Dragon can blatantly make up new product names ("neo track") for common sense like link-and- length track.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 08:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Only Dragon can blatantly make up new product names ("neo track") for common sense like link-and- length track.

This is common practice with sales people
You take 1000 gallons of tap water, costs a few bucks, add some salts and artificial taste to mask the taste of tap water, pour it in pint sized bottles (5000 bottles at maybe 10 cents per bottle) then you calls it something fancy, maybe with a french sounding name or something with hills and snow in it and sell the bottles for 1$ each. Add some sugar to get a sticky aftertaste to make the customer want another bottle.
The same goes for many other things, buy cheap in bulk quantities, slap on a fancy name and sell it.
Worked just fine with snake oil and it will work with almost anything

I drink tap water with a tea spoon or two of vinegar in each glass, tastes great and doesn't leave you thirsty afterwards.
Adding more than two teaspoons makes it more "challenging" to drink, 10 teaspoons per glass makes you thump your chest and make coughing noises afterwards, almost like drinking straight moonshine ....
/ Robin
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:19 AM UTC
I waited so long for the Panzer IV with interior, especially the G model. In fact, it was one of the 1st kit I ever looking for. I personally prefer the medium tanks over heavy tanks, but my temper touched its limit last year and I went out to get the RFM Tiger I, the best kit with interior back then... over 90% of the tiger is finished. Now Dragon is making me want to regret.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Eh, so what? What difference does it make?

KL
ctkwok
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Eh, so what? What difference does it make?

KL

I think Robin's excellent post expressed my precise sentiment.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

This is common practice with sales people
You take 1000 gallons of tap water, costs a few bucks, add some salts and artificial taste to mask the taste of tap water, pour it in pint sized bottles (5000 bottles at maybe 10 cents per bottle) then you calls it something fancy, maybe with a french sounding name or something with hills and snow in it and sell the bottles for 1$ each. Add some sugar to get a sticky aftertaste to make the customer want another bottle.
The same goes for many other things, buy cheap in bulk quantities, slap on a fancy name and sell it.
Worked just fine with snake oil and it will work with almost anything

I drink tap water with a tea spoon or two of vinegar in each glass, tastes great and doesn't leave you thirsty afterwards.
Adding more than two teaspoons makes it more "challenging" to drink, 10 teaspoons per glass makes you thump your chest and make coughing noises afterwards, almost like drinking straight moonshine ....
/ Robin

It will be interesting to see if NEO is only for the link and length tracks, or for the combination with the interior parts. I did notice that there were kits 01, 02 and 05 shown. I wonder what 03 and 04 are.

Water where I am in Arizona comes from the tap with clorine and who knows what added. At the food warehouses you can get 40 16oz for 3.00, or about 15 cents a bottle. I bring them to work, and add cherry kool aide to mask the taste. I can't do the vinegar, bad digestive track.

I avoid the home made corn liquor, not user friendly.
ctkwok
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I waited so long for the Panzer IV with interior, especially the G model. In fact, it was one of the 1st kit I ever looking for. I personally prefer the medium tanks over heavy tanks, but my temper touched its limit last year and I went out to get the RFM Tiger I, the best kit with interior back then... over 90% of the tiger is finished. Now Dragon is making me want to regret.

In the exhibit it doesn't show the transmissions and engines. Doesn't mean they don't have them and there will be more details so we'll learn more, but it may or may not have "full" interior. Either way I'm getting them.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Although I'm more interested in the PZ III's, I will get one of the G's, if the price is right, and probably the H or J when they do those. I also prefer the medium tanks, but I do like the big cats.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

In the exhibit it doesn't show the transmissions and engines. Doesn't mean they don't have them and there will be more details so we'll learn more, but it may or may not have "full" interior.

The transmission and final drives are all there, just no engine bay parts. It's like MiniArt doing the entire T-54/55, except the transmission and fan. You just wonder who made that decision.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 02:59 PM UTC
Wow, interior kits from Dragon, very interesting
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 07:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, interior kits from Dragon, very interesting

Not that new really, to name a few, their Marder 3 Ausf M, Panzer 1 Ausf A, panzer 2 Ausf B and 38t's came with full interior.
 _GOTOTOP