_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
books about the first gulf war please
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 10:25 PM UTC
Does anyone know of any good books of british tank crews in action during the first gulf war?

i've done a search with google and come up with zilch, so i guess i'm doing it wrong again
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 10:35 PM UTC
A search on Amazon gave this: Challenging The Beast: A Challenger Tank Crew at War (Kindle edition). The Kindle edition seems to be the only one available.

The Shield and the Sabre: The Desert Rats in the Gulf 1990-01

Operation Desert Sabre: The Liberation of Kuwait 1990-1991, The Planning Process and Tactics Employed By 1st Armoured Division

There are the two Concord books, but mostly they are photos.

Operation Desert Sabre: the Desert Rats Liberation of Kuwait (Firepower pictorial specials 2000 series)

Operation Granby: Desert Rats Armor and Transport in the Gulf War (Firepower pictorial specials 2000 series)
MikePowell
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 10:49 PM UTC
I just finished Challenging The Beast, Kindle format. It is an excellent read, moving along at a good clip, covering pre-deployment, the lengthy prelude of training and waiting in Saudi and then considerable action including one very close call with Iraqi artillery acting in direct fire. The only downside is the poor quality of picture view Kindle provides. That said, though all of the photos were of some interest, none left me really regretting they were not high-res.
 _GOTOTOP