_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Assault Models: USMC Tank Crew
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 10:14 AM UTC

Assault Models recently released a pair of US Army tankmen in 1/35 scale. Now the company turns to USMC tank crew.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 01:56 AM UTC
Good stuff! Thanks for the report Mario
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 01:58 AM UTC
They look pretty good. One point though, I believe they are wearing NOMEX CVC (Combat Vehicle Crewman) uniforms, not flight suits (as mentioned in the reviews of them). They look similar, but are different.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 03:01 AM UTC
I don't quite understand why many tanker figures, be they in 1/35 or 1/16th scale, don't have vest pouches as part of the kit.

I know that one can buy aftermarket 1/16 and 1/35 resin ammo vest pouches now, and perhaps that is a good idea as when the newest aftermarket vest pouch kits release over the years, the modeler can upgrade with the latest pouches. Nonetheless, most tankers in photos have vest pouches and carbines with them.

Very nice figures though. The lack of vest pouches doesn't detract from the figures since one can solve that issue by buying aftermarket pouches from other companies.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 03:32 AM UTC
Gino, I was looking at Nomex CVC but I don't think these have ziperred openings on the lower leg. Flight suit CWU has those features... Quite a few sites list Marine crews wear Nomex Flight suits as well.

Pete, I think tankers usually don't have pouches on their vests as it would make movement in tight spaces very awkward, crawling in and out of a tank, etc.

Mario
 _GOTOTOP