_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Questions: JS3 and Type 74 Tamiya
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 07:12 AM UTC
Hi folks: I've done some web searching but haven't found my answers; looking for a little help:
1) does anyone make individual link tracks for the JS3? I believe Fruil make a set that would fit but would prefer something easier to work with.
2) (and I know Tamiya is upgrading the Type 74)..does anyone make an up-detail set of any type for this tank? The kit is gorgeous, the age notwithstanding, and I really want to go to town on it. Barrels, tracks, details....any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you to all the amazing experts that populate this forum.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 08:00 AM UTC
Trumpeter has a set of plastic workable track marketed as "Russian 650mm steel track for Russian KV/JS tank, ref. 02042". Have used it: nice, easy and fast to assemble, and cheap. Model Kasten has (or had) a workable set for the Type 74, mine is unbuilt but detail wise looks quite good. Not easy to find and expensive IIRC.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 08:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

does anyone make an up-detail set of any type for this tank? The kit is gorgeous, the age notwithstanding, and I really want to go to town on it. Barrels, tracks, details....any suggestions would be most welcome.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=Kits&q=%22Type+74%22+1%3A35

H.P.
 _GOTOTOP