_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
PSM M1A1 HC 2004 Falluja Set Question
twong529
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 02:42 AM UTC
Does anyone know if the Perfect Scale Modellbau 1/35 M1A1 HC 2004 Falluja Set include the two antenna mounts on the back of the turret?

I got this photo from the PSM site but no where does it mention what parts are included. It shows the two antenna mounts but wasn't sure if they are actually included.

This photo shows the included parts but but sure about the two antenna mounts. Are the two parts pointed out with the white arrows the antenna mounts?
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:09 AM UTC
I will double check my set tonight as I also just saw the cable guard next to it that is not in the photos that I can tell. Same goes for the loader's shield and post behind the commander's cupola.
twong529
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I will double check my set tonight as I also just saw the cable guard next to it that is not in the photos that I can tell. Same goes for the loader's shield and post behind the commander's cupola.

Thanks for the reply.

I just found here on the Armorama review section that PSM makes another set for the Afghanistan update. The parts you mentioned are included in the Afghanistan set. The two antenna mounts I asked about are also in the Afghanistan set.

Here is the link to the Armorama Afghanistan set review.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/6902

Unfortunately, it seems the Afghanistan set is OOP and none of the parts you mentioned or the antenna mounts I asked about are in the Fallujah set. I can probably just scratch build the antenna mounts from plastic stock. They look to be sort of tapered so just have to find a good photo showing the shape.

I have the Voyager USMC M1A1 35417 detail set but they do not include the two antenna mounts either. It does have the TUSK belly armor and loader's shield but not the part by the TC's hatch.

jwest21
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 06:48 AM UTC
I am fairly certain those antenna mounts come in their USMC M1A1 conversion. The Falluja set doesn't appear to have the USMC style smoke launchers or the MCD used on Marine Corps Abrams, so I think it requires one of the conversion sets too. They sold 2- one to make an M1A1 in Afghanistan and one just to convert the Dragon kit to USMC version. I have the conversion for the Afghanistan version and they are definitely in that kit.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 06:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. For my project I basically just wanted the bumper. The parts you pointed to are probably the brackets to hold the bumper.
Darkin
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Malopolskie, Poland
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:23 AM UTC
Hi Terence, I have PSM M1A1 HC 2004 Falluja Set and what you have marked with arrows in second photo is an ammo box this is a photo from this set

this set not include the two antenna with mounts for which you ask, but they are in the PSM set in the link you gave. See photo no.6 ( the antennas are in the center one is broken) and photo no.13-14 (instruction) parts no.7. These antennas are also in a different PSM set no.35080 M1A1 USMC that I also have and they look like that

Best regards
twong529
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 11:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Terence, I have PSM M1A1 HC 2004 Falluja Set and what you have marked with arrows in second photo is an ammo box this is a photo from this set

this set not include the two antenna with mounts for which you ask, but they are in the PSM set in the link you gave. See photo no.6 ( the antennas are in the center one is broken) and photo no.13-14 (instruction) parts no.7. These antennas are also in a different PSM set no.35080 M1A1 USMC that I also have and they look like that

Best regards

Thanks for checking and posting the photos of the contents!

I found out after searching for a couple hours that I need the Afghanistan set or the other set JWest mentioned. There are a lot of parts I don't really need in either set so not really worth it for me to get them.

I will just scratch build the antenna mounting bases myself. Doesn't look too difficult. I will use some plastic stock and file the side to taper it.

The cable conduit near the two antenna bases shouldn't be too bad either. I can probably use some right angle Evergreen plastic for that. Just have to find the right size.
 _GOTOTOP