_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
All new M1A1 Ward LaFrance
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 03:27 AM UTC
Hi all,
Not a new Abrams but much more exciting. Hannants has listed on its website a Ward la France recovery truck from Thundermodel. Also a couple of civvy Indian motorbikes. Very much looking forward to these.
Regards Jason.
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 05:14 AM UTC
Seriously? No-one interested?
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 05:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously? No-one interested?

Probably because of the title-- if you had used "WWII Ward LaFrance Wrecker" in the title, you might have gotten a different response. I would have certainly picked up on it and opened it had I seen those key names-- but I have very little interest in "M1A1", as modern armor is not what I'm interested in (despite being part of the development team for the M1A1)--for me, the "modern armor ship has sailed"-- I lived it, so I'm not much interested in it as of now. Others may feel the same, as there doesn't seem to be any shortage of "Newer M1A1s (Abrams that is)" on the scale market right now. However, as soon as I fully read your announcement, I checked the Thunder Models website, but there is no mention of a Ward LaFrance Wrecker being released (however the Indian Motorcycles are already out at my LHS, and there was no mention of them on the website either--they just appeared in my LHS two days ago. It would be nice if you could provide a link to the announcement. Here's a link to an article on the Indian Motorcycles by John Miller over on Hyperscale. John and I shop at the same LHS--Skyway Models in Seattle:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/usa/thundermodels35003reviewjm_1.html

VR, Russ
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:05 PM UTC
Hi KevlarO6,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Agreed I could have been clearer with headline, I was trying to be cleverer than I am.

It is not listed on the website for Thundermodel but is on Hannants. They are very useful as they often show items that are not announced anywhere else. I am posting links foe Hannants.

The review on the Indian bikes is very good and so I hope you will be interested in the civvy bikes they are also listing.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/THU35006

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/THU35004

Regards Jason
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 10:14 PM UTC
Jason, there is another slight reason for the lack of response and that is you have posted this in ‘Modelling in General’. The armour guys who only do armour and think nothing else exists won’t look here and a lot don’t even check the latest posts tab so if posted in Armorama you would have got a better response.

Regarding Hannants, as much as I do use them I do have reservations about their future release announcements, one kit (an aircraft) which they have as a future release I brought years ago, built it, displayed it at several shows and it’s been retired to the display shelf for at least 3 years but Hannants still say it’s a future release!
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hi Littorio,
I only read the general forum as I am interested in all aspects of modelling so this is the forum I used. It never really occurred to me that other people don't so thanks for the heads up.

I know Hannants aren't faultless but I have seen quite alot of stuff on their future releases section that were not announced anywhere else, so they are useful. Given that there is boxart I would think this is very likeky.

Regards Jason
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 01:23 AM UTC
Let me know if you want me to move, to Armour/AFV, and possibly rename this thread

/ Robin

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/THU35006
Soft-top ....
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 03:32 AM UTC
If you could that would be great, not sure how to doit myself.

Regards Jasom
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 04:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you could that would be great, not sure how to doit myself.

Regards Jasom

Done.
Requires admin access rights

And thanks for the heads up on this! Another one for the wishlist ....
/ Robin
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 04:21 AM UTC
Add that to the buy list. Wonder when it might be released.
I checked their Facebook page and website and no mention of this kit or the Box Art.
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 04:38 AM UTC
There is a box-art and product number on Hannants web-site, see link in one of my previous posts above.
Lets just hope it is true ...

covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 04:54 AM UTC
Thanks for helping out Robin, I managed to post it very awkwardly initially. Really looking forward to this one.

Regards Jason
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 05:36 AM UTC
Jason,
Now you have gotten everyone's attention! And thanks for your original posting by the way-- I too would like to add this one to the "wish list"--lets hope it comes out soon. I don't quite understand Thunder Models advertising, as the Indian motorcycles (military/civilian 2-in-1) just "appeared" in my LHS recently, as have several other Thunder Models kits. Maybe they care more about manufacturing the kits then they do about advertising!
VR, Russ
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 06:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The armour guys who only do armour and think nothing else exists

That might be a wee bit harsh. I only do armour and space models and, while I know lots of other kinds of models exist, and can appreciate them, I'm not really that interested in them, so never read the General forum.

As for the Ward LaFrance, _that_ looks like a damned fine subject. And, I think Canada used them as well.

Paul
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 06:28 AM UTC
No, bikes exist as well.

Quoted Text

The review on the Indian bikes is very good and so I hope you will be interested in the civvy bikes they are also listing.

Regards Jason

The reviews are indeed good - and I'm not one of those who would grouse about the fact that the post war history had nothing to do with the plastic model. However, mentioning the short lived Gilroy models without mentioning the current Scouts seems a bit odd. The new Polaris driven Indians have already outlived Gilroy, and are far better bikes. The Scout (69 inch) which I own, the Scout 60, and the Scout Bobber are all great bikes in their own right, but the purpose built FTR750 Scout is kicking Harley Davidson's @$$ all over the flat track scene. I imagine that's what comes from cutting and pasting off of Wikipedia.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 01:00 AM UTC
One of the best news of the whole year.

Trucks kist keep coming and hope the trend continues on and on, there's still a lot to do in this field!
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 01:09 AM UTC
Great News!

Now once again (and as always) hoping for a Mack NO in my future as well.

pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 01:47 AM UTC
Just a matter of time on the NO.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not really that interested in them, so never read the General forum.

As for the Ward LaFrance, _that_ looks like a damned fine subject...

So, I guess I'm reading Kitmaker it differently than many folks. I just search "Armorama" on my web browser. I do this because it's easier to type "Armorama" than it is to type "Kitmaker", "Aeroscale", "Model Shipwrights", "Scale Auto" or "Historica Forma" or any of the other titles in the Kitmaker Network (I'm Internet lazy). Then I go to the "Forums" box on the right hand side of the screen, and click on the "latest posts" words. When you do that, everything comes up on the entire Kitmaker site-- and you can scroll through it looking for titles that stand out (for you). It works the same for any of the Forums you're in. That way I don't miss anything on any of the entire great Kitmaker Network. That's why it's important for posters to be specific when they post titles (at least it helps me!). As for the M1A1, it's one of my favorite trucks, along with the Mack NO- and Diamond T 968, primarily because they are artillery haulers, but I've always liked the La France long hood and fender styling. I'm with Michael-- Here's hoping that Mack is on some mainstream manufacturers list.
VR, Russ
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 05:58 AM UTC
Russ, I agree completely with your statements.

Something (probably too much to hope for) would be to one day also see some of the variants of the Mack NO.

If a Mack NO ever does make it to market this wrecker will be one of the next "Chop-Shop" conversions on my list!

I will now stop talking about the Mack NO as I do not wish to steal any part of Thunder's thunder about the very nice new Ward LaFrance!
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, I guess I'm reading Kitmaker it differently than many folks. I just search "Armorama" on my web browser. I do this because it's easier to type "Armorama" than it is to type "Kitmaker"...
VR, Russ

I'm a bit lazier than that. I just type in
ar and it takes me there. If it weren't for Amazon Prime I'd only have to type the a.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 06:13 AM UTC
Robert,
Well, I didn’t mention that I’ve “trained” my computer to recognize “A” as “Armorama”, and since I don’t use Amazon on my devices (my wife is the “Amazon” user around here)😆, a simple “a” always does bring up “Armorama”. So I gues we are both computer lazy (also why I don’t post photos here— it’s just too hard to do all that linking and cutting and re-posting!). 😜
VR, Russ
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 06:35 AM UTC
You guys can move that "electronic laziness" up one more level if you would wish. By making the Armorama forums page the default opening page of you browser. (Just as I do.)
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hi all,
Now the Macn NO really would be something. What about an NM or NR while we are at it? I guess we will just have to wait for Thunder model to give us a release date for the WLF. They did initially announce a Scammell explorer which has since dissappeared, that I was also really looking forward to.

Regards Jason
RobinNilsson
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 08:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You guys can move that "electronic laziness" up one more level if you would wish. By making the Armorama forums page the default opening page of you browser. (Just as I do.)

I have a "blank" starting page (the default for every new tab) and Firefox shows me a collection of thumbnails for the most frequent pages and a selection of the visited pages that Firefox thinks are highlights.
New tab + click on the wanted thumbnail.
As a backup I also have Armorama as a bookmark/favourite.

/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP