_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
RyeField: Jagdpanther G2
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 11:58 AM UTC

Announced for December, a new Jagdpanther G2 with interior from RFM.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 04:34 PM UTC
I've been waiting to see what this version will look like. Need to see price and then decide if I want an interior, or go with the Dragon version.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:22 PM UTC
Takom is also having a full interior one...
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 09:49 PM UTC
Wow, this looks absolutely amazing. Trivial, but the figure reminds me of one of the old Monogram 1/32 scale seated crew members.
Removed by original poster on 11/06/18 - 14:27:09 (GMT).
edgardo
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've been waiting to see what this version will look like. Need to see price and then decide if I want an interior, or go with the Dragon version.

If you find it, Iīve been searching the Dragon G2 but to no avail, and when someone appears on ebay, make ready your wallet and remember that the Dragon G2 has the "wonderful" DS tracks, so if you donīt like it you have to buy aftermarket tracks, so make ready your wallet again.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 05:05 AM UTC
I have had a G2 on my want to buy list for a long time it's been at #3 for a couple years now but whenever I have the cashish nobody has them in stock. This is the kit I'm gonna get.
kennethc
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Currently Dragon's kits are in the 60-70 dollar range and have the dreadful DS tracks. This kit from RFM will likely be around 75 based on the Panther kit so you're looking at only about 5-10 dollars difference and get workable tracks in the box. Even if you bought this one or the Takom kit and left the interior out you'd still be winning in my opinion. Takom's will likely be even cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

KC
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Currently Dragon's kits are in the 60-70 dollar range and have the dreadful DS tracks. This kit from RFM will likely be around 75 based on the Panther kit so you're looking at only about 5-10 dollars difference and get workable tracks in the box. Even if you bought this one or the Takom kit and left the interior out you'd still be winning in my opinion. Takom's will likely be even cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.

KC

This.

Dragon's recent spate of decisions is quickly making them irrelevant in the market place. Rye Field is avoiding many of the mistakes DML has been making, and while I won't be getting rid of any of the many Dragon kits I currently own it does mean I will be increasingly unlikely to make them my go-to as the competition expands their selection of vehicles and improves their level of quality.
Pongo_Arm
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 10:31 AM UTC
Full interior kit with a figure that does not go inside...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 01:07 PM UTC
Well I, for one, am thrilled at this another example that this is truly the "Year of the Panther". A comprehensive interior is a real treat, goofy figure or not. If you don't care for him they make something called a garbage bin.
acebatau
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 616 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 03:08 PM UTC
Cool,
Personally would wait for MENG to join the party before making any move
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 03:34 PM UTC
Meng has already released a Jagdpanther.
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 07:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The MENG kit (TS-039) is an Ausf. G1. So, not the same version.

The recently announced Takom kit calls itself a late G1. From the few pics I have seen, it should be called a G2.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 01:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The recently announced Takom kit calls itself a late G1. From the few pics I have seen, it should be called a G2.

I know that, but as there are only a few differences between the two it is still possible to make a comparison of the production quality. The version of the tank has zero relevance to the quality of the kits themselves.

Knowing what I know of the Meng release of the G1, Ryefield already has an advantage. Their Panther is superior to Meng's as well so I expect no difference in the Jagdpanther offering.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 01:44 AM UTC
I think it's the TAKOM JPanther we should be comparing it to- since it will have a full interior. Having experience with both companies' Panthers, the Takom will probably be a bit friendlier to build. (RFM seems to be extremely serious about detail, which is both a curse and a blessing. When it's done it's great, but sometimes I was /am a bit frustrated with the building process.)
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 04:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it's the TAKOM JPanther we should be comparing it to- since it will have a full interior. Having experience with both companies' Panthers, the Takom will probably be a bit friendlier to build. (RFM seems to be extremely serious about detail, which is both a curse and a blessing. When it's done it's great, but sometimes I was /am a bit frustrated with the building process.)

A proper apples-to-apples comparison is the RFM and Takom kits. The pre-order pricing on Hobbysearch has the RFM ($88) kit about $24 more than the Takom ($64) kit.
reteip9
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Takom's CAD render show the tools fitted to the sides which is a G1 feature. The boxart also shows the earlier Ausf. A exhausts and the lack of a raised heater on the engine deck which are also G1 features.
 _GOTOTOP