_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
How to do Customer Service
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 - 11:29 AM UTC
Tamiya knows how to do customer service and build brand loyalty. Managed to mess around and lose my Matilda loaders hatch. Contacted Tamiya USA Customer Svc wanting to buy the sprue that the part comes on. They were out but did have the specific part. Sending it to me, no charge. Finally able to finish up my BEF Matilda. Love it.

justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 - 05:50 PM UTC
That kind of CS brings tears of joy to my eyes!😥😊
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 12:24 AM UTC
Great news Chris! I'm dealing with Dragon Care right now over a missing part and have been virtually ignored. JERKS !
Have a good Thanksgiving !
Buckeyes57
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 02:07 AM UTC
Try Facebook messaging Dragon USA. I have had more luck with that then Dragon Care since they are based in USA.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 08:11 PM UTC
Chris, that's also the usual Standard procedure with Revell Germany. Had to úse their "Abteilung X" also a few times already. Well done. Tamiya!

Torsten
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 08:04 AM UTC
How about customer support from RFM? Anyone know how to get them to respond? The clear blue sprue from my M1A2 Tusk kit was missing from the bag.

Also, how about DEF models? I have a wheel set of theirs that is a jumbled up mess of wheels from two different kits.
panorama
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 253 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 11:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Chris, that's also the usual Standard procedure with Revell Germany. Had to úse their "Abteilung X" also a few times already. Well done. Tamiya!

Torsten

I cannot complain about Revell Germany. A few years back I bought a kit and found two parts on a sprue to be brocken. After one or two emails, the broken parts were sent to me free of charge. No issues.

OKB Grigorov. I had ordered a few parts and have been complaining here in a thread about long delivery. I was contacted the next day via mail, an excuse was made, the kits were shipped within a week from Bulgaria and a bonus kit was added.
Blaubar
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 12:33 PM UTC
That's good news and sounds like some really up to date CS! Glad you could finish your project with the replacement hatch.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 - 07:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Also, how about DEF models? I have a wheel set of theirs that is a jumbled up mess of wheels from two different kits.

I once had a question regarding Jeep rear wheel hub accuracy. Unfortunately, DEF Model has never responded.

—mike
LonCray
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 - 02:08 AM UTC
I was also missing a sprue from an RFM M1 model; the shop I got it from tried repeatedly to get it for me with no success.
On the other hand, I had a Kenworth truck model from Revell years ago that was missing a sprue of wheels. Revell sent me a whole new kit that had an extra sprue of wheels in it, so now I have two complete trucks.
 _GOTOTOP