Hosted by Darren Baker
Building: Diorama Wall
B2Blain
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 - 07:50 AM UTC
I am trying my hand at my first diorama. I'll be depicting an M-1A1 from the 3rd ID rolling down a Bagdad street. It will also have a sidewalk and a wall.

I purchased a wall section from Black Dog.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Wall.html#gallery_start

The wall was shorter than what I wanted. It's height is to the shoulder of one my figures - so maybe it's around 5'5"? I was thinking about cutting it at the base and inserting a styrofoam spacer and then covering it with some type of putty.

Any suggestions? Is there something better than Squadron putty I should be using?

Thanks,
Blain
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 - 09:45 AM UTC
In typical Iraq architectural "style" you could simply add a few rows of concrete blocks to the top -either traditional cinder block or ornamental. There are a few types of ornamental ones available in 1/35.
B2Blain
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In typical Iraq architectural "style" you could simply add a few rows of concrete blocks to the top -either traditional cinder block or ornamental. There are a few types of ornamental ones available in 1/35.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Does anyone have any suggestion on materials I should use as plaster? I was thinking about Squadron/Tamiya putty. Is plastic putty better? Or does anyone know of other alternatives.

Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP