_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
S.A.G on M-1078?
Chris83
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 138 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 09:57 AM UTC
just curious if anyone out there has seen a s.a.g. turret on a M-1078? I'm building the trumpeter kit with the LSAC cab and regardless I'm putting Live-Resin's turret on there (cause it looks awesome!) but it peaked my curiosity...
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 10:17 AM UTC
Calvin, I have never seen a photo of a SAG turret on an M1078. The only turret I've ever seen on one is a modified GPK like the kit comes with. I've only seen the SAG and SAG II on SOF vehicles like the GMV and M-ATV. Robert Skipper (18bravo) might be able to help with that. He has an extensive library of photos that may have something for you.

Regars,

Eric
Chris83
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 10:31 AM UTC
thanks...I was mainly just curious as I was pretty sure from the get go this would be a "what if" but it's always good to know...actually the further I'm getting with the build the more I've been thinking post-apocalyptic kinda so yea...we'll see where this goes haha
WXerock
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 668 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 - 03:53 PM UTC
Chris, I like that idea. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it will never be done. I never thought I'd see a SAG II on an M-ATV but I did. It's all about being happy with your work.

Regards,

Eric
Chris83
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 05:44 AM UTC
Thanks Eric. Yea I am just trying to enjoy this one. I had most of the live-resin goodies in my stash for a while and I'm tired of getting bogged down on builds because of accuracy nit picking and what not (and TRACKS!!! god I'm sick of individual links!) so this one was/is meant to be fun. actually since i started looking at it that way I've actually flown through the build so far...I'll be sure to post some pics hopefully sometime during the week...
 _GOTOTOP