_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Border models Pz IV
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 09:22 PM UTC
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere
https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/7juojmqwzfkwd6vewydp.html?t=1545210863
A new company coming out with a PzIV no less, and at what seems to be a bargain price at approx 30 euro. The renders look very good, but it doesn't mention anything about the tracks (indy, link and length, onepiece). Considering just the multimedia alone that comes in the set (PE, metal barrel, wire) the price seems like a steal, but I have been burned before. Anyone have more info?

Also the google translate descriptions they put in seem to point to China as the manufacturer. And what i the deal with the "new dimensions of track", i didn't know that the wheel position was disputed on the Pz IV, a lot of them survived the war so it would be really weird if the previous models got the wheel positions wrong...

Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 09:46 PM UTC
It did cause a bit of discussion a couple of weeks ago.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/273395
smorko
Visit this Community
Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 94 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 10:13 PM UTC
Thanks for the link, it mus have gone under my radar, especially as it wasn't "announced" properly on most sites. Considering what I read about this and other kits, Is it possible that there is a "no name" company making kits and then selling them to the highest bidder? Since it has happened that some companies announced similar kits, but only one came out (bronco sdkfz263 and 232, there have been some hobby boss announcements that came out as trumpeter...).
I read a post somewhere alleging that they (the no name company) sometimes change the sprue layout 25%, and resels it to another company. One place makes the sprues, several companies market the product everybody wins!
Ringleheim
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 184 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 05:22 AM UTC
I started a thread on this with a link to a very detailed kit description.

The tracks are "link and length" with sag and curves molded into the length portions on top of the road wheels.

Looks like an interesting approach though I'll use Friuls as always.

chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 05:27 AM UTC
Looks like a smashing kit.
nsjohn
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 10:38 AM UTC
I understand that Hobby Boss and Trumpeter are the same company. I do suspect that we are in a similar situation that model railways were in the 1970s when Palitoy and Airfix entered the market and both ranges were manufactured by Bachman.
 _GOTOTOP