Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon M132
muddog500
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 02:25 AM UTC
Dragon USA online has this kit of the M-132 on sale for $24.00 U.S. I just bought one. They normally are about $60.00.
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 03:03 AM UTC
Dragon USA has been running fire sales for the last two months. I've picked up a couple new releases for below $30 and several older releases for under $20 from them. The M132 was very tempting, but I decided to order two T-34 kits (6584 and 6319) for under $20 each. Total was around $44 shipped for both kits. They will go onto the stack of ~15 dragon kits I've bought since Nov 1st.

As a side note, Sprue Brothers has the Meng Buk on special today for $44.99. With the 10% sale going right now, that makes it a great deal.
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 09:27 AM UTC
Thanks for the tip, Steve!!!!!!!!!!

Much Appreciated!!!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:45 AM UTC
I bought the M132 as well. It looks to be a pretty good kit. Does anyone have pic of inside the turret though? It is lacking in this area.
m75
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:48 AM UTC
Johnny,

I just ordered one up also!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 02:01 PM UTC
I had a look at the M132, but ended up getting some of the PZ III and Stug III's.
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 05:31 AM UTC
Well, apparently Havoc and I received ours the same day, and we were sending thoughts back and forth. He noticed that the lower hull is not for the standard M113 application, which would include the M132.

It is for a longer vehicle (Israeli?) and the modeller must cut the lower hull upon an indicated line to shorten it to the regular M113 length.

Really? All of the work that goes into molding the flame thrower apparatus, storage tanks, even the piping, and they can't afford to use a lower hull that represents 98% of that carrier's production run?

Hell, now I'm tempted to shift the M132 stuff over onto a Tamiya ACAV lit that has been waiting its turn to be built.

Kevlar06
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 08:16 AM UTC
Another nail in Dragon's coffin as far as I'm concerned. Is it any wonder why the big price slash? I've seen these for as high as $60, and was tempted since I've had some professional experience with flame throwers, but now that I know they are re-treading an old kits into a new one, I won't bother. I'm trying to be positive about Dragon, I'd really like to see them turn around, but almost everything they are releasing lately comes with a high price point and some sort of compromise in detail. Having to shorten an M113 hull? Really? Did they say that anywhere on the box or was it a "surprise" in the instructions?
VR, Russ
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 08:28 AM UTC
I don't follow all of the M113 kits that closely, (much less by Dragon) so am unaware of which kit requires a longer hull. How much longer is it? If it's enough to accommodate another bogie, I'll happily trade you for it.
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 10:56 AM UTC
I already did the surgery, but the cut-off portion is about 18mm. Not really enough for an extra road wheel station. It also removes the idler mount, so Dragon includes two replacement that are to be cemented to the modified hull.
jps
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 140 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 11:39 AM UTC
I believe the hull is from the lance missle system kit if not from something even older. Kinda cheesy to have to cut to build a M113.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 03:56 PM UTC
If you received your orders from Dragon USA Online, when did you order kits and when did you receive them? I ordered something on 12/24; never received a separate FedEx tracking number; never heard back from them on an email inquiry on 12/28; and have not received anything as of 1/2/19.
Did they just burn me or what?
LiquorRanch
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 03:58 PM UTC
Extensive sales going on right now with Dragon's online store. Is Dragon no longer the go to brand it was 10 years ago?
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If you received your orders from Dragon USA Online, when did you order kits and when did you receive them? I ordered something on 12/24; never received a separate FedEx tracking number; never heard back from them on an email inquiry on 12/28; and have not received anything as of 1/2/19.

I'm in the same boat, ordered one on the 23rd, no FedEx number, no package.
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 04:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ordered two T-34 kits on 12/23/18. Received Fedex tracking number on 12/27/18. Scheduled delivery is 1/4/19. They were running some extreme fire sales on kits and I'm guessing they got slammed with orders right before xmas. I've ordered from them about 15 times and have never been burned. They have good service and are usually a little faster to ship.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 05:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Extensive sales going on right now with Dragon's online store. Is Dragon no longer the go to brand it was 10 years ago?

Sounds like you're new to this forum. Right, Dragon has lost its edge. New comers, Meng, Takom, and RFM, are cranking out some awesome stuff. Even the old timers, big T, Academy, Bronco, and AFV Club are improving. Dragon's latest releases in recent years have been unimpressive and disappointing in my opinion.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 05:45 PM UTC
OK, thanks for sharing, Sherb and Ken. It's a relief that I'm not the only one waiting.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 03:00 AM UTC
I ordered on 12/24 and just got a reply and shipping number. My package is almost here. Fedex shipped past me to the other side of the state and is now coming back. Very effecient. Wayne
LiquorRanch
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 04:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like you're new to this forum. Right, Dragon has lost its edge. New comers, Meng, Takom, and RFM, are cranking out some awesome stuff. Even the old timers, big T, Academy, Bronco, and AFV Club are improving. Dragon's latest releases in recent years have been unimpressive and disappointing in my opinion.

Yeah I'm back after probably 8-9 years of not doing much. I couldn't remember my old account. More than anything I'm surprised at the price of kits. I picked up the Takom Panther A with interior at a steal. Blows my mind Dragon and Tamiya are selling just exterior kits at the same price. No more magic tracks with dragon either? Not too surprising about Dragon though, how many times can you rehash the same WWII subjects and expect people to get excited
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 05:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's What.

I've ordered three times in the last month on these sales they've been having, two have been received. Despite statements from them, I didn't receive any tracking numbers from Fedex either. I emailed DUO on the first one and they sent me a number. Fedex was so far off on the projected delivery (it came three days *before* they said it would) that I didn't bother getting a number for the other two. I have full confidence that the package will arrive.

KL
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fedex shipped past me to the other side of the state and is now coming back. Very effecient.

It probably is very efficient. If there was a cheaper way to deliver the package within the time constraints, you can be assured that Fedex would have discovered it and would be using it.

KL
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 05:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Fedex shipped past me to the other side of the state and is now coming back. Very effecient.

It probably is very efficient. If there was a cheaper way to deliver the package within the time constraints, you can be assured that Fedex would have discovered it and would be using it.

KL

As long as they don't send it into orbit
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 07:08 AM UTC
Johnny B (Havoc on the site) and I orders the same day, I believe 23 Dec, and both received on the same day as well. I did not get a FedEx tracking number, and was about to shoot off an email to Dragon (located about 40 miles from me) when the postman dropped the box off. Overall a very short delivery time, and considering it was in the middle of Xmas, pretty well done.

Too bad the kit has it's issues as described above.

BTW, although the interior features the four fuel tanks and holding frame, the TC turret has no interior at all, no flame gun or M73 breaches, vision blocks, nada...... Since the cargo hatch can be left open, as well as the ramp and separate ramp troop door, seems that another potential opportunity for detail was missed.

The M132 on outside display at Ft Leonard Wood is closed up, but the troop rear door has been replaced with plexiglas, allowing folks to view the interior. Maybe build this kit as a representation of the FLW display?
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 08:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The M132 on outside display at Ft Leonard Wood is closed up, but the troop rear door has been replaced with plexiglas, allowing folks to view the interior. Maybe build this kit as a representation of the FLW display?

Actually, the decals in scheme #1 on the instructions are taken from the M132 at Ft. Leonard Wood.

Scheme #3 is from the M132 on display at the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City.

I haven't found scheme #2...yet.... Gotta do something until the kit arrives, right?
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

KL

As long as they don't send it into orbit

Ha! They may have sent it outside of the country. This sarcasm is too obvious. "Very efficient" like the US Federal Government. Granted I am spoiled by Amazon Prime 2 day shipping and Lots of Models' free priority shipping...
No show today and no email response from Dragon USA Online yet. At least tell me it's delayed instead of silent treatment for 11 days...
 _GOTOTOP