Hosted by Darren Baker
Zvezda 1/72 T-14 'ARMATA'
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 04:59 AM UTC
It's been a while since I've posted a post in this forum so here we go. According to our video surveillance a chubby, red suited fellow with a white beard dropped a few items off at my residence during the night of December 24th/early 25? I don't recall this 1/72 scale kit being announced in the news forum so here it is: ZVEZDA 1/72 T-14 "ARMATA".

Box

T-14-A- - 1 by Jan Etal, on Flickr

T-14-A- - 2 by Jan Etal, on Flickr

And the painting guide.

T-14-3 by Jan Etal, on Flickr

Kit is 151 parts and should be 5.9" (150 mm) when built. As many will know there are only three crew members on these tanks and they have only two hatches. Both hatches are moulded separately and can be positioned in either open or closed position. And yes, they do have some internal hatch detail. I've only given it a quick look so I can't add too much more except the plastic is a light grey and there is no PE.

Cheers,
Jan
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 - 02:52 AM UTC
Jan, are you going to do some kind of review of this kit, perhaps a BLOG or did you just want to tease us with the fact that you have a copy? Seriously though, how does the kit look? I've read some not too flattering things about the larger scale version lacking detail. There's no PE so is that bar armour at the back engine area styrene? Hows it look scale wise?

Regards,
Aj
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2018 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jan, are you going to do some kind of review of this kit, perhaps a BLOG or did you just want to tease us with the fact that you have a copy?

AJ, long time no see/read. Yes, it was indeed my intention to rile the small scale masses out of their sedation. I'll answer any simple questions about the kit but I'm not sure about a plan of action at this time. Perhaps a quick "InBox" to "stick my toe back in the review scene", we'll see.

Quoted Text

Seriously though, how does the kit look? I've read some not too flattering things about the larger scale version lacking detail. There's no PE so is that bar armour at the back engine area styrene? Hows it look scale wise?

My, talk about the proverbial twenty questions? From a cursory observation/inspection the kit looks pretty much on a par with the companies other offerings with certain parts a bit more nicely detailed. The bar armour looks like bar armour but is understandably on the thicker side being made of styrene and all one piece. Henk of Holland has a few images of the completed model HERE!

Not sure how it compares to their BMPT but size wise its a bit bigger than their T-90 at least in length.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP