_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M-1A1HA OF TF 1-64 BUSTLE RACK + EAPU
Doubledude
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 08:56 AM UTC
Hi everybody and Abrams experts.

I got a question about M1A1HA tanks asigned to 1-64 during OIF. According to SFC Eric Olson who helped creating the Echelon decals for Abrams tanks of 3rd ID, most tanks of 1-64 had no EAPUs fitted to the bustle rack.
Here's the problem:

For modelling those tanks, what does this space of the bustle rack look like without EAPUs installed.
Back in time when there was no EAPU fitted to the bustle rack was a metal grill on the buttom of the bustle rack.
With the 1-64 tanks there are the ducts for the connection of EAPUs on the top of turrets visible. So I think, these tanks are already prepared for the installation of EAPUs.
To me it looks like there's a kinda base fitted to the bustle rack where the EAPU is mouted on. Maybe it's fixed with screws to the base from below. It's just a guess but I have to pictures from the top, only from below but that doesn't help.

Has anybody pictures of such bustle racks without EAPUs installed but with such a base fitted (TOP VIEW) + pictures of EAPUs itself outside the bustle rack + how the cable of EAPU is connected to the turret (plugs)?

I hope it's not too difficult but I couldn't find no pictures so far.

Greetings,

Doubledude
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 01:06 PM UTC
DoubleDude,

Please send me an e-mail to "ltcjanelson" AT "att" DOT "net"

I can send you pictures of the Bustle Rack from above rear, sides, and below (unfortunately with the EAPU in it).

I can also send you pdfs of drawings that I've created with information from the TM, the pictures, and measurements of a non-EAPU Bustle Rack.

Happy New Year!
Tankrider
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,208 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 01:18 PM UTC
I have a pic of the top of the EAPU mount, if you need one. Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll get it out to you, in addition to any other pics on the subject.

John
 _GOTOTOP