_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Meng Husky TSV questions
wildbill426
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 403 posts
Armorama: 375 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 03:56 AM UTC
This isn't the mine detector piece but a Humvee type vehicle based on an International pickup truck. I picked up the kit and it is a gem, with a very complete interior and exterior with wonderful detail. I have two questions: has anyone built one? And this leads to the important question: How the heck do you PAINT it???? I want to pose it with the doors open, and it looks like painting as you go will only get you so far. Any feedback would be most appreciated. It looks like it should be amazing once finished.
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 04:47 AM UTC
This is one built by a Polish modeller:
https://humvee-models.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1639
The author of this model agreed with the comments criticizing the exaggerated chipping. But generally it's a very well done Husky.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 417 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 09:52 AM UTC
Very beautiful Husky kit
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 09:56 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing kuba.

That's a nice built. The MTP camouflage is certainly a hard exercise, it is very well done.

The front antenna mast is too tall in my mind.
bluebell69
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 07:53 PM UTC
I am in the process of building that kit at present. I am painting as I go, although I am painting it for the European theatre, (Royal Irish in Estonia) You might have to pose it with the doors open as the trial fit shows me it will take a lot of sanding to close them.
kryspacz
Visit this Community
Poland
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 12:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You might have to pose it with the doors open as the trial fit shows me it will take a lot of sanding to close them.

It seems that Meng has problems with delivering consistent quality in this kit. In mine (the gallery above - sorry for excessive chipping - bad habit from WW2 vehicles ) all doors fitted perfectly, spot on without even gluing them, however I got one badly bent chassis part, nearly beyond repair. Exept that one - the kit itself was perfectly easy to built.
The only challenge was alligning top and bottom part of cabin cage - rear seats hoisted between the floor and the roof on belts needed special attention (I managed to crack some of those delicate parts)
 _GOTOTOP