_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Giving away the new Tamiya M551 with etch
DavidDoyle
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 03:04 PM UTC
My friends at Tamiya have generously sent me their new M551 Sheridan kit, along with photoetch. As most of you know, I do not have the skills to assemble this, so I am giving it away. To register to win, go my website (https://daviddoylebooks.com), click on the Sheridan box top image and follow the two-step registration process. The drawing will be held January 15. Everyone is eligible, and we pay the shipping to virtually everywhere (anywhere that is legal to mail this item to).

Good luck, and Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com
DrChopp
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 03:23 PM UTC
Thanks David, very generous of you!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 10:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My friends at Tamiya have generously sent me their new M551 Sheridan kit, along with photoetch. As most of you know, I do not have the skills to assemble this, so I am giving it away. To register to win, go my website (https://daviddoylebooks.com), click on the Sheridan box top image and follow the two-step registration process. The drawing will be held January 15. Everyone is eligible, and we pay the shipping to virtually everywhere (anywhere that is legal to mail this item to).

Sincerely,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

Hi, David!

And a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to You and Yours, as well!

I just registered for a chance to win the new TAMIYA M551 on your site...

I have a question: WHAT EVER happened to the MMIR "SON of SHERMAN" Volume 2 book? As I understand it, David Doyle Books took over where MMIR left off, but nothing more was ever heard about the US Sherman-dedicated book covering the models of US M4-series Medium Tanks...
DavidDoyle
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 05:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sincerely,
David Doyle
www.DavidDoyleBooks.com

Hi, David!

And a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to You and Yours, as well!

I just registered for a chance to win the new TAMIYA M551 on your site...

I have a question: WHAT EVER happened to the MMIR "SON of SHERMAN" Volume 2 book? As I understand it, David Doyle Books took over where MMIR left off, but nothing more was ever heard about the US Sherman-dedicated book covering the models of US M4-series Medium Tanks...

A Happy New Year as well!

As I get this question at almost every show - there seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around. Lots of folks come to me and say, "I heard......." Well, the facts are posted on DavidDoyleBooks.com - in my own words. I will summarize here:

My personal hobby is the restoration of full-size military vehicles. I haven't the skill (or patience), to build scale models - although I appreciate that hobby, and have many dear friends who get hours of pleasure from building. In my hobby, fit problems are often corrected with a sledge hammer, a method that doesn't work to swell in 1/35!

So, when Ampersand ceased operation, I did not acquire any of the pure-modeling publications (but for the existing MMiR inventory). The Son of Sherman modeling book, MMiR, and the various Modelers Guides were well outside of my wheelhouse. Not only could I not write on the subject, I couldn't even edit what someone else wrote! If someone says install this and such Italeri turret on a Tamiya hull to make X, I could tell if this was right, or even if it could be done.

Plus, Pat truly wanted to complete the Son of Sherman book (which he had done considerable work on) himself (and hoped to revive MMiR as well). I have lost contact with Pat - but I presume that is still the case.

So.....I suppose it will come out at some point in the future, but I won't be the conduit for the publication when it does.

On the other hand, I'll keep turning out reference books - like my Chevrolet book that will be out late this month.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
David

_GOTOTOP