_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Talon 1/72 M1070,M1000 and DR9
chrisb760
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 05:57 AM UTC
Anyone out there have this kit or started it? I've only seen the guy on Scalemates doing the in box review.
I've been lucky enough to get the kit and about to start it.
Anyone have the kit or started it?
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 06:30 AM UTC
I have it, but haven't started it. It looks beautiful, so if you decide post your build I'll grab a front-row seat.

Unfortunately my modelling inbox grows a lot faster than my modelling outbox.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 07:10 AM UTC
I think you mean "Takom" in the title don't you? . I have seen it in the box at my LHS and agree--it's a beautiful kit. I don't do much "modern" armor let alone soft skins, having actually lived through the stuff, and prefer WWII or Cold War armor, but this kit intrigues me. I also don't do 1/72 scale armor, preferring 1/35 scale, but as I said this kit and a few others are luring me towards 1/72-- I recently picked up a Modelcollect Pershing, V-1, and have a Dragon "Atomic Annie" in my stash, and I'm thinking seriously about adding this one and the Takom V-2. I'm looking forward to a build article on this one-- that might put me "over the fence" to pick one up.
VR, Russ
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2019 - 07:52 AM UTC
I've seen a few images of this kit on the Henk of Holland Site and a few other places and it looks great. My copy is currently winging it's way over the Pacific as I type this. While I'd love to do a Blog about it I'm committed to finish up a couple of other projects that I've had going for some time. Perhaps I could squeeze in a quick In-Box (maybe) so I'd be a loyal viewer and commenter on any Blog you'd care to share in the Braille Scale Forum.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP