_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Panzer Art: New figures from PanzerArt
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 05:53 AM UTC

Following the start of new line we get another batch of high quality resin figures.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 1,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 10:48 AM UTC
It looks like the guy on the left of the photo in the header is missing an mg to lean on, great figures otherwise.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 06:41 AM UTC
I'm not surprised that they existed but I was somewhat amazed to see two of the figures wearing chest protector armour. I've seen its like in WW-I but not in the Second World War. Would be interested in knowing more about it so it's off to the search engine I go! And yes, the figures are really nice; and I agree that the guy on the left was supposed to be posing with an MG-42.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 08:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not surprised that they existed but I was somewhat amazed to see two of the figures wearing chest protector armour. I've seen its like in WW-I but not in the Second World War. Would be interested in knowing more about it so it's off to the search engine I go! And yes, the figures are really nice; and I agree that the guy on the left was supposed to be posing with an MG-42.

I'm thrilled to see more Soviet assault troops with the Stalnoi Nagrudnik steel breastplates. It gives the figure such a unique look!

Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 09:55 AM UTC
Great looking figures! I've got my eye on the Waffen SS figures. They'll do nicely in
Normandy or Market-Garden ideas. The M42 smock the NCO is wearing is a little small and is missing the foliage loops on the shoulder and arm areas, but this can be fixed with some putty to give it a larger voluminous appearance they often had.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 10:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And yes, the figures are really nice; and I agree that the guy on the left was supposed to be posing with an MG-42.

MG-42 or a RUCHNOY PULEMYOT DP? The DP being a Russian mg of the same period.

I like the idea of doing the engineers in the amoeba camo, too.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 05:15 PM UTC
Naturally, we get NINE NAZIS vs 3 Russians... Not a SINGLE GI or Tommy in the mix. And people wonder why I raise my voice when new releases are announced...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 07:07 AM UTC
You're right Dennis, we are wondering. As to why you're so angry about something as simple as which figurine gets released. Could be that a wack of Allied soldiers get released some time soon, and everyone is thrilled by the release of the really cool looking American Special Forces figurines that periodically grace these pages. But no, you've got to raise the spectre of "Nazi" releases to show your discontent. I'd suggest growing up.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You're right Dennis, we are wondering. As to why you're so angry about something as simple as which figurine gets released. Could be that a wack of Allied soldiers get released some time soon, and everyone is thrilled by the release of the really cool looking American Special Forces figurines that periodically grace these pages. But no, you've got to raise the spectre of "Nazi" releases to show your discontent. I'd suggest growing up.

Angry? Really? And "growing up"? Where do you get your nerve? Could be that that "wack" of Allied soldiers that you refer to above will never see the light of day, either. Seriously- Go ahead and do a count of 1/35 WWII German SS (read NAZI) subjects vs US/Allied, and maybe, just maybe, you might see that I have a point in raising the question, not my voice. I can't raise my voice any more- My heart won't take it...

Please, don't make assumptions about my emotional state. "Anger" is something that my physical state can no longer tolerate...

PS- The "really cool looking American Special Forces figurines" would look a little bit out of place if they were set up adjacent to all of those SS, don't you think..?
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 01:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Naturally, we get NINE NAZIS vs 3 Russians... Not a SINGLE GI or Tommy in the mix. And people wonder why I raise my voice when new releases are announced...

Dear Dennis, Please, relax. We are talking about a hobby. A hobby should bring relaxation and fun. This subject seems to create serious health problems to you. Just skip the item, turn over to the next item. RELAX!!!!

And by the way:
there is a slight difference between 'nazis' and 'SS-guys'.
Being a nazi doesn't mean to be an SS-er or the other way round.
But this might be not relevant for you, I guess.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 05:51 AM UTC
Of course, the simple way to increase Allied figure production is to buy more. And not be critical of the releases that do come out, such as is seen here from time to time. I am fortunate in that I’m an Axis modeller, so I’ve plenty of choice when it comes to figures, and if I don’t like, I leave it.

And while there are mostly WWII German subjects now (Which is different to SS &/- “Nazis”) if you look at the competition tables, there is a resurgence of Allied vehicles and figures. Be patient, if you’re anything like me, you’ll have sufficient kits and figures to keep busy for years to come.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 06:17 AM UTC
Not that I give a fig but I'm sure that there are many curious readers wondering about the superimposition that you ended on of the image of US Special Forces personnel in Afghanistan posing next to Waffen-SS soldiers. And oh, by the way, I just ordered Dragon figurine set DRA-6380 "Commonwealth Infantry, Italy, 1943" for a dio that I'm putting together at the Liri Valley and Ortona and the Canadian-led offensive in that region. Nice poses for an Allied-theme dio.
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Clearly someone heard you, thank you Alpine: https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/alpine-new-releases-for-jan-2019.120498/
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 07:34 AM UTC
I was just about to post the same Alpine release but at least I can still mention the amazing Assault Models Special Forces in Afghanistan series. Those are incredible. And not a NAZI among them too! ("I hate Illinois Nazis!", re: The Blues Brothers)
knewton
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 08:26 AM UTC
And Airborne Miniatures, too; they do excellent US SF figures in 1/35 & 1/16.

As an aside, can we move on from using “Nazis”, being a political affiliation, and go with Axis, German WWII, or similar, which is what we actually model....
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 10:31 AM UTC
There were a whole bunch of Allied figures in their October 2018 news:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/30130

Cheers,
/E
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 01:31 PM UTC
My point exactly: wait and it'll come down the pike; whine and it seems to take forever.
 _GOTOTOP