_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
1/72nd Dragon DS track replacement.
chris1
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hi Guys.
A query, Is there an inexpensive replacement for the the Dragon DS tracks for a Braille scale Panther G. I painted and weathered the tracks..and as is my want left them on the bench, a couple of weeks later went to fit them only to find they'd become brittle and broke into many parts, I know,I know the many are varied opinions of DS.To make matters worse? I also have a couple of Dragon Bradley's in the stash, Arrrh the joys of modelling.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 03:24 AM UTC
OKB Grigorov makes several resin Sherman track sets, as well as other replacement parts:

http://shop.okbgrigorov.com/category/18/m4-sherman.html

They're not really expensive, but that depends on what you think is inexpensive. My varied opinion of DS tracks is that I have built and unbuilt Dragon kits in both 1/35 and 1/72 and all the tracks are still supple after 10 - 15 years, although I have had 1/72 track sections melting when glueing the ends.
Bleusaille
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 07:56 AM UTC
Never use enamel paint (like Humbrol/revell) on DS Tracks !!!
There is something like a "chemical reaction" and the tracks falls in powder and little pieces....
You had Always to paint them with "Acrylic" like Tamiya or Vallejo...
Pascal
Brianlee
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 01:22 PM UTC
I second that on the Acrylics on the DS tracks - but yes, I'm a big fan of OKB tracks in 1/72 and have a few sets or tracks, sprockets and idlers for mid/late panthers.
 _GOTOTOP