_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Echelon: Markings for 12th SS Panthers and US Gun Trucks
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:12 AM UTC

Echelon Fine Details kicks off its 2019 with decal sets for late war Panthers and Vietnam-era gun trucks.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 04:20 AM UTC
Thanks, Tat, these look intriguing.

The copy, however, is confusing. It says "The variants covered in this set are Zimmerited Ausf. D, late As and early Gs." Does that mean all of them had Zim or only the Ds? I know there is some disagreement about which As had Zimmerit.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 07:23 PM UTC
You're welcome Bill. I would read it as all having Zimm. Nevertheless I've sent an email to Echelon for clarification.
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 283 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 08:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Tat, these look intriguing.

The copy, however, is confusing. It says "The variants covered in this set are Zimmerited Ausf. D, late As and early Gs." Does that mean all of them had Zim or only the Ds? I know there is some disagreement about which As had Zimmerit.

Yes, I'm very certain all of them had Zimmerits, especially the LATE As. I work from very clear images, if those rough, neat patterned surfaces aren't zimmerit, I don't know what they are then... Maybe you could post good clear photo evidences of at least the vehicle that did not have zim I'm curious to know as well.

If you have Stephan Cazenave's HitlerJugend Pz. Rgt 12 in Normandy's book, it has very good images of a great number of them. Yes, all had zimmerits (at least those covered in the sets). EXCEPT the Ausf. Gs in Ardennes (not yet released). Hope that helps.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 05:41 AM UTC
Thank you, Lawrence. May I also say that adding the name "Hitlerjugend" will sell more decals as this name for the unit is more famous/notorious than the 12th SS.
 _GOTOTOP