_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Rye Field M4A3E8
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 02:33 PM UTC
Saw this posted over at Moxingfans. Has anyone heard about this?

http://www.moxingfans.com/new/news/2019/0114/5448.html
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 02:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No, and thanks for finding this. To borrow from the poorly translated text, this is a surprise. It looks like they saw the popularity of the 'E8's and want part of the pie. Now if there is an interior!
LiquorRanch
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 01:56 PM UTC
Well according to the smart knowing men at Wheat Field Model (according to Google translate) they are also releasing a type 82 Beetle, and another tiger of sorts with an interior. It seems like the E8 will have an interior, but then again, the translator ain't too sharp.
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 02:53 PM UTC
Well if the E8 Has a full interior...get your order in early, I predict fast sellout
ctkwok
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 03:42 PM UTC
They are releasing a Tiger with transparent hull.
TerancekW
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 04:12 PM UTC
It is a hot topic in mainland China. But no one know more details than you are.

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 06:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sure, why not an M4A3E8? Why would ANYONE want to do something that is actually different, such as an M4A1E8, an M32B3 ARV, an M8 HMC, a brand-new M18 TD, or a Mack NO, for that matter..? Or even a "state-of-the-art": M8/M20 Armored Car-series? An M46? A brand-spanking-new Dodge WC-series Ambulance w/figures of Driver, Medics, and wounded "stretcher cases"..?

OK, forget I mentioned these things...
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 07:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sure, why not an M4A3E8? Why would ANYONE want to do something that is actually different

M4A3E8 WITH INTERIOR would be different.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 08:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sure, why not an M4A3E8? Why would ANYONE want to do something that is actually different

M4A3E8 WITH INTERIOR would be different.

ANY US M3 or M4 Medium Tanks with interiors would be nice... But that would be asking too much... That's ALL I'm going to say on that subject...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 10:11 PM UTC
The posters in China are wondering the same things as here. The big difference will be if there is an interior and there's even "why this and not an M18 or M36?" And the " thankfully it's not another Tiger or Panther "

But the guy with the internal structure of the internal structure meaning that there's an internal structure in the internal structure is just classic.
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ANY US M3 or M4 Medium Tanks with interiors would be nice... But that would be asking too much... That's ALL I'm going to say on that subject...

Miniart has already announced a M3 with interior.

https://miniart-models.com/products/35206-m3-lee-early-production-interior-kit/
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 10:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not to mention the Academy M3 Lt and Mediums that have very reasonable Interiors from ten years ago. The Academy and AFV M10 were a good source of partial Interiors for M4's

Al
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The problem with that kit is that the Russian Lend-Lease version was released first, the US version must be released first and then the Russian and the Beutepanzer can come later
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The problem with that kit is that the Russian Lend-Lease version was released first, the US version must be released first and then the Russian and the Beutepanzer can come later

TAMIYA did the same thing with their new-for 2018 M3A1 Scout Car-

BY ALL MEANS, (IMO), US Equipment, (or any other nations' equipment, for that matter), SHOULD be released as subjects representing THEIR HOME COUNTRIES before they became "Beutepanzer", and/or "Lend-Lease" Equipment. The "LIZARD" has probably been the most guilty of doing this by releasing "Beutepanzer", (notably a few M4-types and T-34s), before they came out with the kits of these tanks or vehicles representing their home countries. Other examples are the Lorraine "Schlepper" and "Racketten-werfer" kits. There are other examples, I'm sure; they just don't come to mind at the moment... (This last little diatribe of mine is accompanied by a juvenile temper-tantrum...)

PS- More than likely, MINIART's Russian "Lend-Lease" version will be followed by the British "Lend-Lease" version before any of the US versions are released, if ever...

"I tell ya, WE don't get no respect!"- with apologies to Rodney Dangerfield...
nsjohn
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:50 PM UTC
I think you have to take into account that MiniArt are a Ukranian company which largely produce Russian vehicles, or in the case of the WW2 period, vehicles that featured on the Eastern Front. I don't therefore find it surprising that they would produce the Lend Lease version first, and indeed it may well be the case that if the M3 had not been used by the Soviets, they may not have produced it at all.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 02:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think you have to take into account that MiniArt are a Ukranian company which largely produce Russian vehicles, or in the case of the WW2 period, vehicles that featured on the Eastern Front. I don't therefore find it surprising that they would produce the Lend Lease version first, and indeed it may well be the case that if the M3 had not been used by the Soviets, they may not have produced it at all.

I was thinking similar.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 09:44 PM UTC
You are aware that all the named US Lend-lease vehicle kits have alternate US decals provided? So it's only a question of box art and what scheme is illustrated first in the instructions?

Don't these people know the USA should always be FIRST? All America's sacrifices and inherent-- oh wait my MAGA hat somehow took over my brain for a moment.

Everyone would like to see the home team on the box. I kind of like German subjects that come with US captured markings. Look at how few Free French options there are. Poland has thriving after market companies so there's always Polish but how about them Belgians? Brazilian?

But then to acknowledge great sacrifice of the peoples of the old Soviet Union in the Great Patriotic War I usually build the Russian version anyway.

(Tongue firmly in cheek, with a nod and a wink
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 01:53 AM UTC
A friend is a distributor for slot cars. When a new body style is released it is often with some lesser known or famous paint scheme. He said it is to increase sales over time. You will buy the car when it first comes out because it is new. Later they will release the famous paint schemes and you buy a second to get that version. If you released the most popular first people would only buy one car.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A friend is a distributor for slot cars. When a new body style is released it is often with some lesser known or famous paint scheme. He said it is to increase sales over time. You will buy the car when it first comes out because it is new. Later they will release the famous paint schemes and you buy a second to get that version. If you released the most popular first people would only buy one car.

I heard something similar back in 1982 about the new Volvo 760.
The marketing manager said that they decided to release the most luxurious version first and get thoe customers who would be willing to buy the premium priced car first. Then the stripped off some of the candy and sold a cheaper variant to get those who would not fork out the cash for the most expensive version. This would then continue with smaller engines et.c. until they had peeled off as much as possible.
If they had sold the "bare bones" version first some costumer who might have bought the more expensive version would then already have bought the El Cheapo and would not get another new car.

Miniart release the 'with interior' kits first and the stripped down, El Cheapo, kit comes later.
/ Robin
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 07:34 AM UTC
Dennis: that may be your preference as an American modeler but he model companies' first prerogative is to MAKE MONEY. They will almost ALWAYS release the more obscure versions first. Just like Greg Smith's observation, the 1/35 companies have been doing it for a long time too.

Case in point: AFV Club released their new-tooled Centurion. Which variant? The highly popular IDF or NATO ones? No. The RAAC one. No knock on the Aussies but among the choices available, why did AFV Club choose RAAC? To catch people who were hungry for a new tooled Cent -- even one in operation by a smaller user such as the RAAC. Later, when the NATO and IDF versions came out, those same buyers got them too! If AFV Club had issued the IDF one first -- and then followed up with a RAAC version a few years later -- how many RAAC kits would have been bought by the owners of the IDF Centurion?

They are banking on our impulsive buying nature. If you can't resist their marketing temptations, you have no one to blame but yourself.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dennis: that may be your preference as an American modeler but he model companies' first prerogative is to MAKE MONEY. They will almost ALWAYS release the more obscure versions first. Just like Greg Smith's observation, the 1/35 companies have been doing it for a long time too.

Case in point: AFV Club released their new-tooled Centurion. Which variant? The highly popular IDF or NATO ones? No. The RAAC one. No knock on the Aussies but among the choices available, why did AFV Club choose RAAC? To catch people who were hungry for a new tooled Cent -- even one in operation by a smaller user such as the RAAC. Later, when the NATO and IDF versions came out, those same buyers got them too! If AFV Club had issued the IDF one first -- and then followed up with a RAAC version a few years later -- how many RAAC kits would have been bought by the owners of the IDF Centurion?

They are banking on our impulsive buying nature. If you can't resist their marketing temptations, you have no one to blame but yourself.

while it's a RAAC Centurion all the parts are there for a Brit version. all that's need are suitable decals. what's really wanted, by me atleast, is a decent T72 ural. not gonna hold out hope for that, tho. have yet to start up my tam/miniarm conversion
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 08:34 AM UTC
I'd prefer a MK3 Centurion.
 _GOTOTOP