_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
MVC Warrior Operation Granby
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 169 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 03:48 PM UTC
Hi!!! just wanted to share with you some of the models I made during 2018. Hope you like them and as always, kind criticism is welcomed!

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 01:22 AM UTC
Looks pretty nice. It is not an Op Granby Warrior though. Op Granby was the name for the First Gulf War in '90-'91, a.k.a Desert Storm. The Combat Identifier Panels (CIPs - square zig-zag, white panels) were developed after OP Granby due to friendly fire incidents. They show up as an identifiable square in thermals to ID a friendly vehicle. Your version is more appropriate for Op Telic, operations in Iraq from '03 to '09.
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks pretty nice. It is not an Op Granby Warrior though. Op Granby was the name for the First Gulf War in '90-'91, a.k.a Desert Storm. The Combat Identifier Panels (CIPs - square zig-zag, white panels) were developed after OP Granby due to friendly fire incidents. They show up as an identifiable square in thermals to ID a friendly vehicle. Your version is more appropriate for Op Telic, operations in Iraq from '03 to '09.

Always tought the ones used in Operation Telic had the bar armour added.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:27 AM UTC
Not on the initial invasion and through mid-'03 or so. The bar armor was added later as a counter to RPGs.

Initial invasion '03.

I built the above vehicle for a friend who was the Infantry Company commander and TC of it. You can see my build here.
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:37 AM UTC
a very nicely done model. can I ask what colour you used for the desert scheme? I have a warrior in the finaly stages ready for painting
frogstudio
Visit this Community
Argentina
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2019 - 04:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not on the initial invasion and through mid-'03 or so. The bar armor was added later as a counter to RPGs.

Initial invasion '03.

I built the above vehicle for a friend who was the Infantry Company commander and TC of it. You can see my build here.

Thanks for the info!!! Is there anyway to change the Title of the Topic?
 _GOTOTOP