_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Sherman w/ interior (or at least engine)
AcornMan
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 05:40 AM UTC
Does anyone make a 1/35 scale Sherman (any configuration) with an interior, or at least an engine? I know there are a lot of aftermarket resin kits, but I'm looking for styrene.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 07:05 AM UTC
If you want to wait, Miniart is promising engines in their Lee/Grant kits as well as selling the engines separately.

One of Academy's M10s has the diesel engine compartment but it's undersized and distorted to fit inside the hull.

The Hobbyboss Pershings have an engine compartment that is much better. M26 had almost the same engine as an M4A3. The compartment was quite different but the parts are adaptable?

Sometimes you can't get what you want and have to make do with what you can get.
AcornMan
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 07:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sometimes you can't get what you want and have to make do with what you can get.

True that! Still, the stuff that's out there today is SO amazing compared to what was available 20-30 years ago. When I think back to the hoops I had to jump through to create models of subjects that come in all-inclusive kids today, it makes me want to cry!

BTW, thanks for the response. I was unaware of any of that.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 - 08:39 AM UTC
Resicast makes a nice Chrysler Multibank for the M4A4 and I have an idea that someone (other than Verlinden) also makes or made a radial for the M4 and M4A1.
 _GOTOTOP