_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: sWS with Panzerwerfer 42
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 09:07 PM UTC

Italeri re-boxes its kit on the German heavy tractor that mounted a 10-barrel rocket launcher.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 05:48 AM UTC
Is this another one of their re-boxes from the 1980's?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 06:47 AM UTC
New box art and revised decal sheet. Other than that doesn't look like anything new. And this kit is from 1998 so it's only 20 years old not 30.

They seem to be switching the line around with new boxes and new stock numbers. On their website there are actually three incarnations of their Pzkpfw IV F1/F2.

Unlike the latest boxing of that kit it doesn't look like they fixed any of the errors or omissions.
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 11:36 AM UTC
Oh well, good for the kids and beginners starting out as these are what I buy for my son to practice on. When he's older he can move onto other kits.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 12:04 PM UTC
I built the 1998 release -- for "Thor" the paint instructions then was plain Dunkelgelb, no camo.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh well, good for the kids and beginners starting out as these are what I buy for my son to practice on. When he's older he can move onto other kits.

Also for some of us older guys who can't or don't want to bother with too many fiddly bits.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 01:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

New box art and revised decal sheet. Other than that doesn't look like anything new. And this kit is from 1998 so it's only 20 years old not 30.

They seem to be switching the line around with new boxes and new stock numbers. On their website there are actually three incarnations of their Pzkpfw IV F1/F2.

Unlike the latest boxing of that kit it doesn't look like they fixed any of the errors or omissions.

Hi!

You're right about that kit being about 20-years old- I bought one when it first came out. I opened the box, took a look, closed the box and put in on one of my "to build at a later date" shelves, realizing even BACK THEN, it would take quite a bit of work to bring it "up to snuff". It STILL sits on that shelf, untouched. The newer GREAT WALL/LIONROAR sWS Rakettenwerfer kits are MUCH BETTER. Maybe someday, (HA-HA...), I'll buy the after-market ROYAL MODELS Rocket Launcher set to help this particular ITALERI kit along a little bit...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi!

You're right about that kit being about 20-years old- I bought one when it first came out. I opened the box, took a look, closed the box and put in on one of my "to build at a later date" shelves, realizing even BACK THEN, it would take quite a bit of work to bring it "up to snuff". It STILL sits on that shelf, untouched. The newer GREAT WALL/LIONROAR sWS Rakettenwerfer kits are MUCH BETTER. Maybe someday, (HA-HA...), I'll buy the after-market ROYAL MODELS Rocket Launcher set to help this particular ITALERI kit along a little bit...

And that pattern of thought sucked all the joy out of this hobby for me for so long. More power to you that you build to that level that just ruins the whole process for me. I'd add the prominent wiring at most and call it a model.

I just sold a Dragon Pzkpfw IV F2 and exchanged it for two Italeri kits because they're all I want these days. I don't need the stupor details and assembly that are near invisible after completion.

And the latest release has the missing bits added. Unlike this moldy oldie.

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 03:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi!

And that pattern of thought sucked all the joy out of this hobby for me for so long. More power to you that you build to that level that just ruins the whole process for me. I'd add the prominent wiring at most and call it a model.

I just sold a Dragon Pzkpfw IV F2 and exchanged it for two Italeri kits because they're all I want these days. I don't need the stupor details and assembly that are near invisible after completion.

And the latest release has the missing bits added. Unlike this moldy oldie.

I'll agree with what you said to some extent. I spent a FORTUNE and a boatload of TIME in detailing the Cockpits, Engines, Interiors, Landing Gear Bays, etc of my 1/48 aircraft, 1/35 stuff, my 1/24-1/25 cars and my figures, which range from 1/48 on up to 120mm. Don't even ask me about my HO brass Steam-era scratch-built projects...

I've gotten to the point in my life where there are quite a few days that I don't even want to go NEAR my 4 workbenches. My health problems over the last 2 years have taken their toll on me, so my level of energy and ambition are no longer what they used to be. Some days I still get the "fire" but most days I just read, especially this time of year, what with the LOUSY weather we have here in (very) rural Upstate New York... (shrug)
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 11:13 AM UTC
That's the whole point! These reboxes where nothing has been fixed or updated are a grievous waste of time & money regardless of the kit's purchase price; there's simply too much to fix. That is, if that matters to you; if you're just interested in building and not too concerned about accuracy have at 'em. Personally I agree with the last poster in that there's only so much time before health issues forces a stop to building and I dread the day may be sooner than later.
 _GOTOTOP