_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Hobby shops in Manila , Philippines
raymar655
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 - 10:04 PM UTC
Im about to visit some relatives in Manila this week and would like to check out some hobby shops whilst in town.
I am mainly into Large scale armour so I would probably looking for the new classy hobby Stuart.

Can you recommend some places ,thankyou in advance.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im about to visit some relatives in Manila this week and would like to check out some hobby shops whilst in town.
I am mainly into Large scale armour so I would probably looking for the new classy hobby Stuart.

Hello mate! Where are you visiting in Manila? There are plenty of great places to buy models from in Metro Manila.

I highly recommend both Mighty Blue Hobby Store (just opened last December!) in Gateway Tower Mall, Cubao and Lil's Hobby Store in Megamall, Ortigas, Pasig City. Mighty Blue has a lot of Tamiya stuff. Lil's also carries Tamiya, but also has other model brands like Dragon.

If you do pass by Mighty Blue Hobby Store- they have the newest M3 Stuart Light Tank from Tamiya in store (1/35). Most of the display items there for 1/35 armor is mine. I left the finished M3 Stuart there if you want to have a look how she builds up

For your reference, this is the Facebook page of Mighty Blue. Am friends with the owner. He's a pretty cool guy.
https://www.facebook.com/mightybluehobbyshop/
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 02:33 AM UTC
Green Hills mall has a shop with good prices, third floor.

Here is another post on the subject.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/257317#2183303
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 03:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't recall seeing Classy Hobby kits in the LHS' here. Lil's Hobby Center would have a selection of 1/16 Trumpeter kits. A 1/6 DML Kubelwagen was on display sometime back. You can look them up at FB and make inquiries. The link posted above gives you other options.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 03:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hello mate! Where are you visiting in Manila? There are plenty of great places to buy models from in Metro Manila.

I highly recommend both Mighty Blue Hobby Store (just opened last December!) in Gateway Tower Mall, Cubao and Lil's Hobby Store in Megamall, Ortigas, Pasig City. Mighty Blue has a lot of Tamiya stuff. Lil's also carries Tamiya, but also has other model brands like Dragon.

If you do pass by Mighty Blue Hobby Store- they have the newest M3 Stuart Light Tank from Tamiya in store (1/35). Most of the display items there for 1/35 armor is mine. I left the finished M3 Stuart there if you want to have a look how she builds up

For your reference, this is the Facebook page of Mighty Blue. Am friends with the owner. He's a pretty cool guy.

Is Mighty Blue related to Lil's?
Taylornic
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 337 posts
Armorama: 332 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 - 04:34 PM UTC
Lil's always had a good selection for me.
raymar655
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hey thanks for the leads greatly appreciated

do you of if they carry Classy hobby kits ,looking for the new release 1/16 Stuart

thanks Ray
raymar655
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 12:09 AM UTC
Hey Steve im actually going to greenhills on Saturday it great to know their is a shop in the complex.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 02:02 AM UTC
It's a nice little shop. I picked these up for about 3100 PHP.
Usually, I only buy one kit but we had plenty of room coming home this time.

tcpyro6
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 03:05 PM UTC
Last time I was in Makati, Manila (early 2018), there was a good shop in Glorietta Mall in Makati. Very good selection of Tamiya (since most are produced there) at very good prices.
kunjuro
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 520 posts
Armorama: 488 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 08:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I wasn't able to visit the site for a while - sorry for the delayed reply. But related in a way. Most Tamiya stocks in Lil's are available in Mighty Blue as well. They're different stores though.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I wasn't able to visit the site for a while - sorry for the delayed reply. But related in a way. Most Tamiya stocks in Lil's are available in Mighty Blue as well. They're different stores though.

Thanks Nigel. Went for a visit last week, saw some Trumpeter and DML kits as well.
 _GOTOTOP