_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Dragon: Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.E/F
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 09:20 PM UTC

Dragon is releasing another attractive 2-in-1 kit in its 1/35 scale range, this time representing a Pz.Kpfw. III tank, a mainstay of Germany’s panzer force in the early years of WWII. This new kit offering allows modelers to build either a Panzer III Ausf.E or Ausf.F variant of the tank.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 09:26 PM UTC
So this will be a combination of sprues from 6632 and 6631 but with DS tracks
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 12:17 AM UTC
I'm interested because I have been looking for the E kit at a reasonable price. If the price is right I'll get one.
d111298pw
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 654 posts
Armorama: 638 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hobbysearch has had this available for pre-order, for $60, since Feb. 1.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 03:47 AM UTC
I guess this is good, but I already have both the E and the F in my stash....
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 05:52 AM UTC
I actually like this news. I have been on a Pz III binge of late focusing on tanks built during Ausf. transitions, like a G with the 37mm gun, or an F upgraded with the 50mm gun. Any source of additional parts is welcome, and the modular nature of the way these kits go together makes them ideal for kit bashing.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 10:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I actually like this news. I have been on a Pz III binge of late focusing on tanks built during Ausf. transitions, like a G with the 37mm gun, or an F upgraded with the 50mm gun. Any source of additional parts is welcome, and the modular nature of the way these kits go together makes them ideal for kit bashing.

I picked up 2 of the F observation kits for that reason when Dragon had them dirt cheap last year. The E kit has the narrow early wheels which is why I want one, however 60.00 plus shipping as mentioned above is out of my price range.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 11:16 AM UTC
Cripes on a Stick! Talk about virtually a nothing difference! There was virtually NONE worth mentioning between the Pz III E and F variants and this is not the first time that Dragon has acknowledged this by offering this sort of kit: remember Cyber Hobby's earlier release (OHC 9111) that offered Magic Tracks, an uprated PE set for the smoke discharger and a useful figurine set -all for under $30 online! I realize that this kit is a newer kit with far better mouldings (let's hope) but hey, it really is stretching things to call it a two-in-one. Another one that I don't need. Maybe as a clearance item at a trade show...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2019 - 01:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Bill!

Same here... WHY should I go out and buy an "either-or", when I had already bought BOTH the "E" and the "F", (BOTH with "Magic Tracks"), some years ago? I bought BOTH of my TWO kits for just a few shekels more than the price of this ONE. Buying this kit would only saddle me with an extra set of "DS" Tracks which I'll probably NEVER use...
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 12:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi, Bill!

Same here... WHY should I go out and buy an "either-or", when I had already bought BOTH the "E" and the "F", (BOTH with "Magic Tracks"), some years ago? I bought BOTH of my TWO kits for just a few shekels more than the price of this ONE. Buying this kit would only saddle me with an extra set of "DS" Tracks which I'll probably NEVER use...

Sadly, a few of us were away from the hobby and missed out. I'm one of those. I also don't use either the magic tracks or the ds type. I have either Fruils or Master Club in the stash depending on the variant. If I'm lucky someone will want to dump their "plain" E kit for the super special E/F and I can get one at a savings.
 _GOTOTOP