_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
DEF wheel M923 question
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 08:17 AM UTC

Im using the DEF model sagged wheels on my Italeri M923 and wonder if I should chop off the (narrower) axle-ends on the truck axles?

I did consider drilling into the back of each wheel to accommodate the narrower stud on the end of each axle but thought Id check with you folks first.

Apart from the fit, theres the width of the track to consider so.....

Thanks for any advice
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 11:21 AM UTC
I haven't used the Def Model wheels, but you should do whatever you have to do to make the wheels fit securely and in the right place.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 11:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... you should do whatever you have to do to make the wheels fit securely and in the right place.

I've used DEF Model resin wheels and have noticed that the connection issue between their wheels and kit axles seems to be a common one. I just try to do my best relying on reference images found on the web before making any final cut. ... Measure three times, get lucky once.☘️

Good luck!🍺
—mike
Denimo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 186 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 02:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

... you should do whatever you have to do to make the wheels fit securely and in the right place.

I've used DEF Model resin wheels and have noticed that the connection issue between their wheels and kit axles seems to be a common one. I just try to do my best relying on reference images found on the web before making any final cut. ... Measure three times, get lucky once.☘️

Good luck!🍺
—mike

Thanks Mike

I did some research and the width, not the track, is 88 inches. I’ve got that down to 64.516 mm for the model.

I’ll trim the axle ends on the WE and probably use No More Nails glue to secure them. It worked out on an earlier HEMTT build.

Cheers.

_GOTOTOP