_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Border models Panzer IV decals
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 08:09 PM UTC
I have found that the decal sheet that comes with their new panzer IV kit does not have enough turret numbers to complete most of the paint schemes.The sheet is missing over 60% of the numbers.I know you might say use after market but that is not the point.plus one of the bears is facing the wrong way.
I contacted them on their Facebook page and they replied back to me and this is what they said:
"Hi, the production team informed that they will not reprinting, as most of the kits has been distributed worldwide, we apologize for that. It is advised that you will use other marking. We will improve on this."

Picture of decal sheet.

What's your thoughts on this?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 09:06 PM UTC
You actually got an answer. And that they admitted the omission and apologized.

They acknowledged that it is now beyond their control and that people responsible had no intention of putting it right because it was too late. The model had been distributed (probably by a third party) so they didn't want to have to go.hunt down every kit to offer an addendum sheet.

There's a window where one can realistically catch these things and they missed it. It's their first release and some things one learns the hard way and this is one of them.

Hopefully in future releases they throw in a second sheet. Now as a start up they probably just don't have the resources to go out and offer a second sheet to existing customers. They spent all their capital on this one and there's nothing left to fix mistakes.

All kinds of things come into starting a company and sometimes the resources are there and sometimes they're not. So I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I've done entirely too much customer service to get bent out of shape about these kinds of things.

Hopefully they'll have the parts in place with the next release to have a dedicated customer service quality control and spare parts to deal with these things.

But that's me. Feel free to write angry letters and fill the internet with venom about this lackluster company and their incompetence and lack of concern.

In communication like this it is often good to offer an alternative. They offered that you use alternative markings. There are plenty of them. You should ask for s second sheet. If you had, see above about why they didn't offer one. They have no spares to offer. They didn't anticipate this. Someone wasn't supervising someone else properly.

So all they can offer you is an apology.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 09:45 PM UTC
Totally disagree on your post.
If I had got the kit free than no problem,but I paid for it and expect a complete model kit.

If you remember back a few years ago Meng released their King Tiger and it was sent out with missing track pins and they went out of their way to send another bag of pins to customers.
If this is the attitude of a new company then I shall not be getting any future releases.
And I am not spouting venom I think their kit is very good but if you don't let people know how are they going to find out if they over look the matter.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 11:15 PM UTC
Re-read the last two paragraphs of my post. In communication like this offer an alternative. This is what you can do to make me happy. Make a realistic request (like a second sheet) and see how they respond.

If you display that kind of attitude the person behind the counter gets defensive and will often not be at a loss to satisfy your needs.

They made a mistake and help them put it right, not accuse them because then you don't get what you want.

If you follow my advice ( which is backed up by years of experience as well as tons of psychological data and studies) you get your needs filled and keep headaches to a minimum.

Or spew your venom, put them on the defensive, wracked with guilt and resentment and see how well your needs are met.
SpeedyJ
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Armorama: 1,150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 03:56 AM UTC
I agree with Stephen.
And get more creative in future perspectives, to encounter these "problems"
Shit happens.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 04:00 AM UTC
Kids visit these forums no need for that language.
 _GOTOTOP