_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Question about ZSU-57-2 ammo
zedhol
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 244 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 - 06:32 AM UTC
A question for all of the Soviet AA experts out there.

Wikipedia has a pretty extensive article on the ZSU-57-2 including the ammo arrangement as follows:

"ammunition is stowed as follows: 176 rounds in clips inside the turret, 72 rounds in clips in the hull front, and 52 separate (unclipped) rounds in special compartments under the turret floor"

I am interested in the 176 rounds in clips inside the turret, as I am making the Takom kit. The kit seems to have the 44 AP-T rounds in 11 clips either side of the guns in the back, but in the rest of the turret there are the Frag-t rounds, two large banks of 56 rounds each side, then there are 12 more rounds in each of the front turret corners, and three more clips, 12 rounds total tucked underneath the rims of the turret openings. This gives a total of 192.

So who is right? Takom or Wikipedia? The references that the Wiki has are two Russian sources, though one is a dead link. I don't alas have a Trumpeter kit to compare.

Anyone know the correct number?

Also, does any one know in which order the shells would be used?
zedhol
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 244 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 - 07:17 AM UTC
Further to my own post, I have been able to look at a Trumpeter kit and it is the same as Takom.
 _GOTOTOP