_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Abrams Squad: Vehicles of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 09:23 PM UTC

MARINES, vehicles of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) is the new, fourth, reference book published by ABRAMS SQUAD

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

MARINES, vehicles of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) is the new, fourth, reference book published by ABRAMS SQUAD

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Thank You, Carlos!

This is a GREAT reference for students and modelers of modern USMC equipment! I ordered my copy 2 days ago...
Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 06:26 AM UTC
I quit buying from them because every issue was bent, broken spine of looked like it had been run over by a truck when they arrived.

Even though I like their product, I got sick of spending big bucks and getting damaged stuff almost every time!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 - 07:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I quit buying from them because every issue was bent, broken spine of looked like it had been run over by a truck when they arrived.

Even though I like their product, I got sick of spending big bucks and getting damaged stuff almost every time!

Who are "them"..? Maybe you need to switch your "seller", or your "method of shipment"...

When I bought an "ABRAMS SQUAD" book last, it was THE "ABRAMS" book. I bought it DIRECT from the publisher. My purchase arrived in my mailbox very neatly packaged, and in PERFECT condition, via US Mail...

Or maybe, you're just unlucky... Did you at all try to contact "ABRAMS SQUAD" to voice your concerns..?

PS- I DO NOT work for "ABRAMS SQUAD"...
Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 07:56 AM UTC
"Them" is Abrams Squad at PLA Editions. I brought the damaged issues to their attention several times over the three years I subscribed. They replace one and when it arrived it was not any better than the one it was replacing. The flimsy bag they put it in was not enough to get it to me without the corners getting mashed in, spines broken, or worse. I think they got tired of hearing from me and last year they refer me to Brookhurst Hobbies here in the states to buy them individually instead of directly from PLA. Like I said, I really like the publication, but I felt like I was getting screwed every time they arrive beat to shreds!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 09:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"Them" is Abrams Squad at PLA Editions. I brought the damaged issues to their attention several times over the three years I subscribed. They replace one and when it arrived it was not any better than the one it was replacing. The flimsy bag they put it in was not enough to get it to me without the corners getting mashed in, spines broken, or worse. I think they got tired of hearing from me and last year they refer me to Brookhurst Hobbies here in the states to buy them individually instead of directly from PLA. Like I said, I really like the publication, but I felt like I was getting screwed every time they arrive beat to shreds!

Wow! That's too bad; I feel bad that you got the "short end of the stick" nearly all of the time. Has BROOKHURST HOBBIES been able to help you satisfactorily in this regard? If not, I've had good luck with various dealers on Ebay in the past. Must be I GOT LUCKY when I ordered my "ABRAMS" book DIRECT when it first came out...
Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 - 02:41 AM UTC
Haven't gotten any from Brookhurst yet as they are up to issue 24 which was the last one under the subscription. They charge $17.50 each which is $105 for six issues. The 80 euro subscription is $89.90 US dollars and I feel it is just getting too pricey to get a clean copy!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2019 - 05:54 AM UTC
I'm pleased to see more coverage on the LAVs. Hopefully the up-armoured variants.
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 09:47 PM UTC
Got mine yesterday. Simply fantastic!!!
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 04:37 AM UTC
No photo coverage on the elusive 17 LAV-Air Defenses? Wow, those LAV-ADs are as rare as hen's teeth. They're hardly ever seen or covered, especially considering that the U.S. Army is increasing its SHORAD vehicle purchases.

And I see that there's no coverage on the USMC Avenger Stinger HMMWVs or M1151 "Growlers." Air Defense and ITV vehicles still take a back seat to armor.
 _GOTOTOP