_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Kinetic M3A3 On Sale
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:50 AM UTC
$19.99 at luckymodel.com .
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 09:37 AM UTC
That's a fantastic deal on the old Orochi version. Not quite as good as the Meng, but a great price. LM owns Kinetic, so they can take a loss leader position on them.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 12:10 PM UTC
Actually, Kinetic did a pretty good job of fixing pretty much all the issues that Orochi had. The fixes are really nice and the new T-161 tracks are a big plus. That is an excellent price for it.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 02:32 PM UTC
I would spend the $20 just for the tracks since they are the only one that offers those tracks. With those tracks and the MENG kits, you can make a more accurate and up to date 2nd ID vehicle in Korea.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 02:50 PM UTC
Well...add another $13 for shipping to US. LM always plays that game of marking up the price with high shipping.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 05:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well...add another $13 for shipping to US. LM always plays that game of marking up the price with high shipping.

"The game"?... High shipping?... $13 to ship quite a big box from Hong Kong to US is high? Try to ship similar kit the other way by USPS. It would most likely cost you at least $25, or even more that $30...
$13 is actually VERY reasonable shipping cost, as long as you understand that you order something from another continent...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:13 PM UTC
AGREE! Last Christmastime, I shipped a Christmas gift to a Friend who lives in Melun, France. Not a very big box, just big enough to contain a 1/48 TAMIYA P-47D Thunderbolt (Bubble Top), with an EDUARD PE set and a set of extra decals. $34.00 and some change...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 07:22 PM UTC
So, +$14 shipping = $33.99. Is there somewhere else that can beat this deal?
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There are some Chinese sellers on ebay that have it listed for $32.98 w/ free shipping. I'd rather not deal with ebay if I don't have to since they charge sales tax on purchases from overseas (it's a Washington state thing).
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

There are some Chinese sellers on ebay that have it listed for $32.98 w/ free shipping. I'd rather not deal with ebay if I don't have to since they charge sales tax on purchases from overseas (it's a Washington state thing).

I have had to pay taxes on some foreign purchases, through eBay. Also, shipping can be a lengthy process. I waited a month, before receiving to camo nets.
BunkerBuster
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have had to pay taxes on some foreign purchases, through eBay. Also, shipping can be a lengthy process. I waited a month, before receiving to camo nets.

Ebay now automatically collects taxes on sales to Washington, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. It's always been an option as the seller to collect taxes. I personally think it's scam by ebay to collect the extra Paypal fee that would apply to the tax portion of transaction. Ebay is simply facilitating the transaction for sellers, they are not the actual seller. Legally, they should not be required to collect taxes for 3rd party sellers. That's like Visa or Mastercard having to collect taxes for all online transactions.

Back on topic, I've never dealt with luckymodel, but I figure I will have a go with them with this deal. I only have two other Bradleys in the stash, so a 3rd won't hurt. Their shipping seems sort of reasonable when you take into account the kit price. I've also had my eye on the kinetic A-6E and I could have had both kits shipped for around $70. That's not bad at all and would be much cheaper than dealing with an online shop here in the USA.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 03:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've never dealt with luckymodel, but I figure I will have a go with them with this deal. I only have two other Bradleys in the stash, so a 3rd won't hurt. Their shipping seems sort of reasonable when you take into account the kit price. I've also had my eye on the kinetic A-6E and I could have had both kits shipped for around $70. That's not bad at all and would be much cheaper than dealing with an online shop here in the USA.

Luckymodel is fantastic to deal with and totally above-board. I sat with Raymond Chung, their owner, last Fall when I was in Hong Kong and he talked about picking up the Orochi M3A3.
kaleu
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 05:07 AM UTC
Even with the $13 shipping charge, it will still be cheaper to buy the kit from Lucky Model. Spruebrothers and Free Time has the kit listed for $42 and that is before shipping costs are added in.
 _GOTOTOP